People that do stupid things at WDW

General Grizz

phlydude said:
Are you sure your numbers weren't abbreviated in hundreds? Corp reports tend to have abbreviated numbers.
That, or Disney wants it to make it seem like it's failing (since management really wants to get rid of it :lol: ). Look at the attendance June and July, and if it isn't significantly better (by leaps and bounds), check out the source of your files.

Also -- the attraction has been open for the full operating hours of the park - it used to open at 11 for years, until this past October when it's been open every day at 9 AM! A longterm, show-quality manager at the park wrote me earlier today: "It's been a success." And over at Intercot, reliable Main Street Jim writes, "Last time we went, the thing was almost filled up" (which means roughly 200 people per theater. . .per show. . . with 6 theaters!)

General Grizz

Corrus said:
Jeez..... Didn't think about that, I'll ask around, if that's the case...

Seriously consider it. 130 per day would be one theater for one show less than half full - and that's it. That's not possible/reasonable.

Heh, let us know, Corrus.

stuart

One of the things that annoys me the most has to be the people who turn up at the Rose and Crown pub sometime after 8 and ask every person sitting their if the chair next to them is free, depsite two seconds previously the person sitting their has just got up to go into the bar. And mainly when the fireworks are about to start the people who come running down and rush up to the wall blocking the view of the people who have been sitting their for about 2 hours or 3 as was the case on 4th July. This couple of idiots (in my rant i almost typed something else) came down and stood in front of this girl and her parents who'd been sitting their for a while, i was about to move down and have a go at them but 3 CMs including a manager and about 10 other folk beside them made them move but they moved back so the family just got up and stood in front of them. Brought a huge smile to ma face.

The same goes for any place for any fireworks show or parade. It just annoys me when people do that.

The other thing that annoys me is not just the folk wi strollers but the people who are in a wheelchair due to their size and who have a terrible attitude. The people that have a go if you turn round to tell them you hit them or for them to move. The more annoying part however is at nite when the people in wheelchairs are waiting for busses. There was one time when a woman in her 90s was in a chair becuase she wasnt able to walk around the parks. She was lookin tired and so the people with her asked a woman in an ECV if she would mind getting the next bus, but instead she just had a go at them sayin she needed to get on this bus more than the woman and, probably in spite, when she got onto the bus she got off her ECV went and sat down in the seats next to it giving the woman an evil look. This happend twice when we were there, one time it was a disabled boy.

Id like to make it clear before i upset anyone that i know some people are of a certain size for medical reasons and many are polite and do not have the attitude of the person in those cases at EPCOT.

In our last trip to Riverside, some person (likely a small child) answered the call of nature on the island in the pool which caused a smell that spread over the whole pool area and a lifeguard had to go clean it. The parents you would have thought seen this and informed the lifeguards instead of some girls who sadly went accross to a certain part of the island. Then the next day some young kid again had to answer the call of nature beside a path not a few yards away from the local pool with toilets. There were some new guests as well that had just checked in so i have no idea what they would have thought.

sorry for the long post

Djali999

Grizz: Aw, come on, you have to admit that the new train station looks and feels a LOT more like a Western depot than the old, Gingerbread structure did. Also, I've been on Carousel of Progress reguarly since it reopened and have never been in a theatre that was less than 1/4 full every time. A visible quere can be seen almost any time of day outside except at the very end of the day, and I always recommend it to our guests, who seem to enjoy it.

Hopefully if it proves popular enough they'll refurbish and reopen it. Hopefully!

General Grizz

Djali999 said:
Grizz: Aw, come on, you have to admit that the new train station looks and feels a LOT more like a Western depot than the old, Gingerbread structure did. Also, I've been on Carousel of Progress reguarly since it reopened and have never been in a theatre that was less than 1/4 full every time. A visible quere can be seen almost any time of day outside except at the very end of the day, and I always recommend it to our guests, who seem to enjoy it.

Hopefully if it proves popular enough they'll refurbish and reopen it. Hopefully!
You're a good Cast Member.

Hey, Corrus: NEENER! NEENER! :p

Okay, people that do stupid things. . . let me try to get myself back on target. . .

Well, there were the kids who used to jump from Peoplemover to Peoplemover in Disneyland. . . the kids who tried to swim back from TSI. . . perhaps I'm better on the "Dumbest things ever said" thread. :D

phlydude

stuart said:
One of the things that annoys me the most has to be the people who turn up at the Rose and Crown pub sometime after 8 and ask every person sitting their if the chair next to them is free, depsite two seconds previously the person sitting their has just got up to go into the bar. And mainly when the fireworks are about to start the people who come running down and rush up to the wall blocking the view of the people who have been sitting their for about 2 hours or 3 as was the case on 4th July. This couple of idiots (in my rant i almost typed something else) came down and stood in front of this girl and her parents who'd been sitting their for a while, i was about to move down and have a go at them but 3 CMs including a manager and about 10 other folk beside them made them move but they moved back so the family just got up and stood in front of them. Brought a huge smile to ma face. *

The same goes for any place for any fireworks show or parade.

The other thing that annoys me is not just the folk wi strollers but the people who are in a wheelchair due to their size and who have a terrible attitude. The people that have a go if you turn round to tell them you hit them or for them to move. But the annoying part comes when they are waiting for a bus at nite and a 90yr old woman who is in a wheelchair cos she cant walk cannot has to wait for a bus for 20 mins as they get put on a bus, after having at a go saying they need the lift at the wheelchair seat more than the woman does, but then gets off her ECV and takes up three seats.

Id like to make it clear before i upset anyone that i know some people are of a certain size for medical reasons and many are polite and do not have the attitude of the person in those cases at EPCOT.

In our last trip to Riverside, some person (likely a small child) answered the call of nature on the island in the pool which caused a smell that spread over the whole pool area and a lifeguard had to go clean it. The parents you would have thought seen this and informed the lifeguards instead of some girls who sadly went accross to a certain part of said island. Then the next day some young kid again had to answer the call of nature beside a path not a few yards away from the local pool with toilets. There were some new guests as well that had just checked in so i have no idea what they would have thought.

*Other most annoyin thing about Disney, for me, is that wen i was their a couple of weeks ago there were a couple of girls that kinda checked us out and said hi but never got the chance to get to talk to them as they were always wi their folks, and any chance we would get to talk is blocked wen either ma mum or their folks come and talk to them or go wi them. One of them was the seriously girl i mean when i talk about the girl on july 4th at EPCOT.

sorry for the long post
Better them urinate outside the pool than in it! :hurl:
Fact for the day:
There is more urine in a public pool than Floride. Think twice about opening your mouth!

maxime29

Premium Member
A lot of my peeves have been mentioned:

-Stroller people
-COP stoppage because of people standing
-People standing directly behind you (USF was bad; Had some British guy practically on me the entire hour of the queue line to MIB)
-Rude people

Here's a funny one:
We went to Typhoon Lagoon to ride the family raft. Saw a group of Latin-Americans in front of us. Perfectly normal; talking in Spanish the entire time, ignoring CM's instructions to do stuff with the raft. Well the next day we just so happened to run into them at EPCOT. This time, the wife was in a wheelchair. Heck, they even stop by the restroom, and she gets up and walks with no need for the chair. I'm sure she didn't get any serious injury at Typhoon now.

LoriMistress

Original Poster
Nansafan said:
My point Lori, what happened to "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"?

Personally, the kind of person I am I would have embarrassed the father in front of his kids. Because I'm evil like that. :goodnevil

LoriMistress

Original Poster
I'm totally with you on that one. I was talking to this family on our trip at WDW and this woman was telling me that when she went to MK on Easter, she had waited in line for three hours for a good seat and this woman (I'll be polite by not bringing up her race), started pushing her kid to the front of the line demanding that she'll do anything for her kid to see the parade. She was pushing other kids out of the way and other parents would confront this woman telling her that she should have waited three hours beforehand, like everyone else. Well, this woman wasn't having it and security wouldn't really do anything and the kid got to see the parade in front. Bunch of crap, I tell you.

LoriMistress

Original Poster
disneydisney said:
I also hate when the line has moved and they are just standing there for 3 hours and there like a 100 ft gap between them and the people in front of them and your behind them.
I feel your pain. I hate that in general, and with driving.

stuart

Better them urinate outside the pool than in it!
Well sadly in both cases we arent talking urine. Which is quite :hurl:

another thing that annoys me is Runoff Rapids. Why cant the tubes be sent up, it cannot be that hard to put in a conveyor belt. Everytime we come back to BB im hoping they've put one in only to be disapointed.

phlydude

stuart said:
Well sadly in both cases we arent talking urine. Which is quite :hurl:
NASTY!! PEOPLE SHOULD BE SHOT FOR DEFICATING IN PUBLIC!!

Sorry, didn't mean to yell but that is just crude. I can understand if the kid is 2 or so but older than that, nope, no excuse.

I'd hate to see some of these people's houses...

SilverStar

LoriMistress said:
II think it's kids being really loud on a ride. It's bad enough that I drag my DH to IASM, but when kids are just screaming in your ear and parents arn't doing anything about it, just annoys the living hell out of if.

Imagine, Kids screaming at an amusement park.
What is this world coming to?

Nicole

maxime29 said:
www.stupidguesttricks.com takes the cake in stories of stupidity @ Disneyland.

Thanks for this though I just spent two hours at this site! My favorite part is the one where a guest tells a CM that the bride at the HM is holding a CHURRO! (it's really a candle - and supposed to be there!)

On the downside though, lots of the posters at this site are sure anti-guest, especially anti-AP guests.

Tim G

General Grizz said:
Seriously consider it. 130 per day would be one theater for one show less than half full - and that's it. That's not possible/reasonable.

Heh, let us know, Corrus.
Asked around, they've abbreviated it in hundreds...
NeverTheLess... compared to other rides, It has one of the lowest attendance...

In my opinion, and maybe in MY opinion only, I think COP looks shabby, dusty, etc. etc... and doesn't stand up to the other rides, the way it looks now, it's very old... and needs revamping (if any)...

But alas, you can only spend a dollar once, and IASW and POTC were first in line to get even with Calif.

And it wouldn't be right if we shared the the same opinion, (we always differ from opinion as usual :D ) That's what these boards are for...
But if you really want to know... if it was up to me? I would tear it down and build something totally different...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom