People that do stupid things at WDW

Trishnh

I was waiting for this one!

Kwit35 said:
Ditto! It is the stroller thing that drives me crazy. How do people not realize that they are smashing into your ankles every time they move forward. I had a baby, never ran people over like that.

:brick: :brick: :brick: How about all the people who see a stroller and think they just HAVE to run right in front of you and then glare at you when you accidently hit them on purpose?? Or the people who decide to just STOP right in the middle of the friggen walk way??

My favorite is when you sit & wait for the fireworks/parade for an hour and 2 minutes before they start, losers think they can just come and stand in front of you, or they push their kids up infront. NO WAY!! Also people who trample on the plants and walk through the planters. That really annoys me :zipit:

TheDisneyGirl02

I've got one!

How about when the kids, who are about 14 years old ride in the double strollers? My family always looks for the kid (or adult) who is the biggest sitting in the stroller everyday when we are at WDW. If your knees touch your chin, you are TOO OLD for a stroller! :rolleyes:

TheDisneyGirl02

Djali999

People who get off Buzz Lightyear, buy their photograph, pay, and then leave without actually picking it up. We're not gonna ship it to the front for you, folks.

Here's another brilliant one:

This actually took two groups of stupid people to accomplish. The escalator that brings you up to the Monorail station at the Contemporary opens up to a nice view of the Concourse Steakhouse and Chef Mickeys'. Well, Stupid People A get to the top of the escalator and.. stop to look. Meanwhile, Stupid People B have wedged their double-wide stroller with both of their children inside it up the escalator and it gets stuck at the top. Dad pulls both of the kids out just before Mom, who is quite large, falls on top of the stroller and causes it to collapse underneath her.

So now Person In Front of Me hits Mom and falls on top of her. I fall on top of Person In Front of Me. People Behind Me fall on top of Me, Person In Front Of Me and Mom.

I think we got 10 people in a pile before somebody brilliantly realized there was an Emergency Stop and hit that. At any rate, she almost killed both of her children and about 10 people were ready to smack her if she wasn't in hysterics by that time.

THERE... IS... AN... ELEVATOR... FOR... A... REASON!!

It also never fails to amaze me when people have no idea where they are or what they're looking at. Not just mildly lost, but totally clueless. Disney's maps are very legibly illustrated and clearly marked, and if they'd take time to read signs around them or even look at the shape of buildings and surroundings and locate them on the map, the park would be quite easy to navigate.

Of course it's not always their fault. I get asked, more than anything, how to get on the TTA and it isn't really to Disney's credit that we have a ride run visibly all over Tomorowland and then hide the entrance way in the corner....

And of course people are always trying to exit the park next to the Galaxy Palace Theatre. It happens a lot at night, where at least they have the excuse of being able to tell where they're going.

Expo_Seeker40

Yea the people and the TTA is a little sad. :cry: I mean there are two speed ramps, one says at the bottom something like "this is an exit, do not enter" written in blue and white, well I still saw 3 people running up the speedramp because they got ed off because they thought the real TTA que line was too long. Wow I mean its constantly moving. Any how, the people coming down the speed ramp yelled at them, and the idiots finally got in the right que line. They were foreign, but honest to God, if they can't speak or read English, then they shouldn't even be in America. I swear some of them act stupid on purpouse. :zipit:

Actually this did happen to me on the carousel of progress. Some kid, say around 10 in the front row tried to stand up once, when the theater began to rotate, she almost slammed her head into the wooden chair rests, luckily one her relatives got her, and put her right back in her seat. :cool:

Yea Test Track is always fun , but really this guy I was sitting with had a huge 35mm camera, defiantly used by "professionals", he had the camera sticking out of the car to take a pic cause I assume he didnt want the lens to go against the windshield, he almost lost the camera, he had no strap or good balance, and this is when we were out on the track ready to make the curve around the front of the former world of motion pavilion. "It's fun to be crazy" :hammer:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
PhotoDave219 said:
Brazilians. Thats all i have to say.

now now Dave. This years tourgroups are much better than years past. And they've diversified. It's ALL of South American now, not just Brazil.

General Grizz

HA... half of the shutdowns for Carousel of Progress aren't because of technological problems, but rather, they are caused by guests standing up or moving around, which stops the ride, and then takes several cycles to get the show back on track. :brick:

So next time you go through Scene Two three or four times, blame South America. :confused: :p

DisneylandDude

People who don't under stand what SINGLE RIDER ALL GROUPS WILL BE SEPERATED means.

And People who talk about how much they hate spinning the whole half hour your in line for MS, especially the very loud gentleman in front of you.

Also, people who are in a queue and don't realize the line has moved because they aren't paying any attention.....:fork:

yensidtlaw1969

Nansafan said:
What bothers me most is rudeness. On on vacation in June of 2003, it was a rainy day and we had planned on going to Blizzard Beach. Since it was the only day we could do this, we went anyway. There was no lightning in the forecast so the park, although not packed, did have a lot of people in it. Because of a recent surgery I was unable to do any swimming or water park splashing but I didn't want to stay in the hotel by myself or wander a park in the constant rain. I went with the group to BB, found a place I could sit semi-protected and read with my rain poncho on, minding my own business. A family comes and sits at a table behind me and start to make comments on "why would someone come to a water park and just sit with a rain poncho on..." and other such stuff. I realize I looked weird but why did they have to be rude and comment loud enough for me to hear? I was tempted to confront the jerks (2 fathers in their group) but I decided to take the high road and ignore them, that is until now where I can vent about them.
Good for you! :)

Stinkbug

Last March I was on HM and had the pleasure of riding behind three girls around 13 years old screaming as loud as they possibly could throughout the entire ride, even when nothing was happening on the ride, to say it was annoying is a huge understatement, I told them to stop screaming multiple times to no avail.

Finally when getting off the ride they were still yelling until a nice lady CM told them to grow up and stop screaming, which worked.

Brooke

I went on Tower Of Terror a couple days ago and this lady sitting next to me was on her cell phone the entire time! It was incredibly annoying. I thought she'd at least put it away when we went down the drops but she kept talking! I couldn't understand what she was saying because she was Spanish, but I just thought that was bizzarre. I was hoping her cell phone would fly out of the tower but it didn't. :( A guy once was on his cell phone next to me during Test Track too. At least he put it away before the fast part. :/

Goin2dizney

Well, it takes all kind to make the world go round ~ but this one took the cake for us.

We where at The Studios, got in line with our dd to see Buzz & Woody. Mind you she is a HUGE fan. Well, a CM came and ended the line at us. She said that we where lucky and that they would be switching Buzz & Woody out but they would finish with us. Well, they switched and started to finish off the line when the lady in front of us with her kids and husband just would NOT leave. Well, the lady was very nicely making comments about the characters only being aloud so long in the costumes and they needed to go in. She would not move. Mind you she took about 20 pictures between 2 camera's a video camera and a digital. Well, the CM instructed my dd to go up to Buzz & Woody. This lady came unglued. :hammer: She started to make rude comments at us (and we didn't tell her do go up yet). Well, the lady slightly moved, but moved directly in front of my husband her my father who where going to take pictures. My husband very nicely (he is the type that you really have to push to get mad) asked if they could move so that we could get a picture of our daugher with the characters. The Lady blew a fuse :fork: and told us to "Get Bent" and that she paid to be in the park and she will spend as much time with the characters as she wants and that we didn't deserve any pictures since we pushed our daughter up. Mind you again, her kids where kind of standing there with nothing to do since the characters don't talk or do anything with them other than pose (and Buzz was strugging his shoulders like ~ ok, let's finish). My husband again asked and she refused. We then went under the rope and walked around her and got a couple of pictures and the woman purposely walked infront of him again to put something into a bag and just stood in front of him to do it. Well, we where done; but my husband said something to the cm about her rudeness and she just appologized and said that she couldn't do anything. We started to walk off when the lady began to curse at us, well my husband had had enough and turned around and looked her square in the eyes and told her. And I quote,"Lady, we spent just as much money as you to be here. We are all trying to let our kids get autographs and pictures. You where asked by the cm to move and you wouldn't. You don't have to be such a selfish, nasty person". She proceeded to try and flame him, he very nicely in a quiet voice told the lady off and I piped in that we wouldn't further stoop to her level and that it was bad enough that we stooped low enough to say something to her". She got so mad :mad: that she called the cm over and tried to get us thrown out of the park and the cm said let's just all remember that it's a park for children and let's be nice. She started to curse at us again, when the cm told her that her family would be removed from the park if she continues. hahahahaha Justice. My husband then put the icing on the cake by looking at the lady as we walked off and said, "I hope you have a nice vacation mame! '. She then stormed off.

We just couldn't get over how RUDE she was. Did she really think that Buzz & Woody would stand there for 20 minutes and just stand and wave at them?
Get real. And I guess we got in free that day to. :lol: :p

disneydisney

I hate when people who know absolutely nothing about Disney World starting telling facts and things about it and there not true at all. That might be cuz I know soo much about it and drives me crazy.

I also hate when the line has moved and they are just standing there for 3 hours and there like a 100 ft gap between them and the people in front of them and your behind them.

Also, those stroller people.

WDWScottieBoy

disneydisney said:
Also, those stroller people.

Don't even get me started on the stroller people. They might be the nicest people behind them pushing their children (or getting them just for their gifts and not have any kids or kids that are like 10 or older) but they have no common courtesy. Why not buy your own stroller that can fold away instead of the large WDW ones that kill when being "attacked" by one. Also, they take up way to much room in the walk-ways and loading areas. OK, I'm getting off my soapbox now. Sorry if I upset anyone, that wasn't my purpose.

phlydude

Do your best Howard Dean scream when you get bumped. That will get their attention!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHH!!!
Grab the back of your ankle and say "I think I ruptured my achilles tendon!!"

Guaranteed to work every time (well at least for me anyway! - who wants to mess with a 6 ft bald, goatee wearing biker looking dude?)

WDWwolfpacker21

If your 14 and in a stroller your pathetic. your either in high school or 1 or 2 years out, Get your butt up and walk like a normal person.

I HATE PEOPLE (mostly teenage girl and you know that some of your are great and nice, plug, since im a 15 year old guy) Who Squeel like a pig a scream your lungs out on rides. I mean come on shut the heck up.

Tim G

General Grizz said:
HA... half of the shutdowns for Carousel of Progress aren't because of technological problems, but rather, they are caused by guests standing up or moving around, which stops the ride, and then takes several cycles to get the show back on track. :brick:

So next time you go through Scene Two three or four times, blame South America. :confused: :p
COP is a classic... but alas, it's time to close the attraction... or heavily revamp the thing, it generates almost no visitors and I'm not kidding you Grizz...

Right now, in front of me, I've got an excel sheet, with an overview of attendancy of COP... last May.. 4 weeks (28 days)
It had less than prox. 3000 visitors, extrapolating that to 1 day gross it's 105 people per day...
You know, you're my man, and I know your feelings and emotions about classic rides, but deep in your heart you know, you can't keep an attraction open which has an attendance as little as I stated above...
Don't look back :cry: , it was great fun while it lasted, look ahead...:sohappy:

General Grizz

Corrus said:
COP is a classic... but alas, it's time to close the attraction... or heavily revamp the thing I'm not teasing Grizz... it generates almost no visitors...
Don't look back, it was fun while it lasted, look ahead...
In front of me, right now, I've got an excel sheet, with an overview of attendancy of COP... Last May.. 4 weeks (28 days)
It had less than 3000 visitors, extrapolating that to 1 day gross it's 105 people per day...

Deep in your heart you know, you can't keep an attraction open which has an attendance as little as I showed you above...
While I am not questioning your authority on this, are you sure? Every report I've heard has shown the attraction at great attendance, and I know the figures were WAY over 105 every time I had visited (appearing to be 105 per two theater loads, max). I had checked back in February mid-day to check attendance, and each side of the turnsteils measured well over a thousand each up to that time, that day.

And, honestly, I haven't seen an online trip report (on any of the message boards I read) that didn't put CoP below "excellent" or "crowded" attendance this summer.

I feel Disney really needs to revamp it. . . but it seems their hearts lie in Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean at this point.

Tim G

Well, revamping will be the ONLY way to save COP... but as you know that's not entirely up to WDI...

About feb... can't find it overhere (I shouldn't have found may in the first place, accidently ran into it). LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom