Penguin Trek - Coming in 2024

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Penguin Trek - Coming in 2024​

Race Through the Ice on Penguin Trek!​

This will be the coolest research mission you’ve ever joined! Prepare for Penguin Trek, an unforgettable family launch coaster adventure through the breathtaking vastness of Antarctica. Board your snowmobile and race along with your expedition team at up to 43 miles per hour, navigating twists and turns and narrowly escaping the crumbling hazards of an icy cavern. Reach the end and you’ll make the ultimate discovery: a real penguin habitat! This new indoor/outdoor family ride is the most immersive addition to the Coaster Capital of Orlando, and with a height requirement of just 42”, it’s the perfect journey for families to share.

Satans Hockey

Were there any rumors of this? I just got the email and it was the first I've heard anything about it. Looks really fun and I'm curious to see how it goes outside as well and how they set this up space wise.

Cmdr_Crimson

It seems that the former track less portion of the former ride will become starting point of the coaster and them launch outside...Now 3 parks within Orlando has a motor-esque type ride in their parks..Hagrid, Tron and now Penguin Trek.

Cmdr_Crimson

While the dark ride was a dud, and another coaster sounds like a creatively lazy choice, it does sound like fun.
It does bring up the question where and how it will launch in it's outside portion..Not much space around with Pinneped point or going behind the area of Kraken's queue..
Screenshot_20230929-230428_Google Earth.jpg

I Like the state it's going as it gives more of a Busch Garden vibe now..Yea, more thrill rides tied to a nautical them works for me..

Markiewong

It seems that the former track less portion of the former ride will become starting point of the coaster and them launch outside...Now 3 parks within Orlando has a motor-esque type ride in their parks..Hagrid, Tron and now Penguin Trek.
Penguin Trek will use regular seats, but this coaster is really needed since Sea World is shifting too much towards thrills with the last couple of coasters. Orlando's demograph is unique in the sense that you require attractions across the entire board.

Cmdr_Crimson

Penguin Trek will use regular seats, but this coaster is really needed since Sea World is shifting too much towards thrills with the last couple of coasters. Orlando's demograph is unique in the sense that you require attractions across the entire board.
I'm all for it..It will be another park closer to go to in the area I now add into my trips when I go to Universal..And at least they theme it pretty well too.

Andrew25

Wrong. We have Ice Breaker already; try again.

Technically Ice Breaker is set in the Arctic while the Penguins are in Antarctica, complete opposites lol

Anyway, SeaWorld needed a family-thrill coaster 10 years ago. I love me some Mako/Manta/Pipeline, but if they really want to compete head to head with Uni/Dis (especially in 2025) they need to go big in the family market.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's hysterical: The "ice theme" and "beware falling ice" and then zooming out into a green, subtropical landscape.

The theming is as awful as the ride it replaced. But, at least the physical coaster looks like a fun family coaster if you ignore the theming.
Unless, they are intending near collision glacier pieces but, that's a stretch and would fit better in the Antarctica area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom