Peeps on SSE! Soft openings!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I'm leaving Epcot now but SSE is still open. I got two rides in. If you're looking to ride, now might be a good time to come over.

Like many others, I found everything up to the descent to be great. After that... no. :lol:

EpcotMark

I couldn't agree with this more. And I haven't even seen it. I hope that Disney and Siemens take this feedback seriously and treat the Finale seriously. After all, Siemens name is thoroughly in bed with Disney across the whole company now and it will look bad for both Disney and Siemens to have the Climax of the most attended attraction at Walt Disney World become a laughing stock.

In case anyone wants another video of the new Spaceship Earth, I've posted mine (with binaural audio) here: http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/video.php

I tend to agree with most of the posts on here. First half: OUTSTANDING. I really don't miss any of the old scenes, as they've kept most of my favorite bits. Having new animatronics in an old ride is like night and day. Everything is so smooth and lifelike now... really well done.

The second half... I'll hold judgement until it's done. As it stands now, it needs work, but that's why it's a sneak preview. I think adding the photo capture heads into the cartoony video will make it a lot more fun, but not fun to the point where watching a video is better than seeing real scenes around you. Granted, the old scenes weren't that great, but something is better than nothing.

One of my favorite parts about riding the old SSE was relaxing to the music and fiber optics on the way down (even with all the bumps in the ride track). That relaxation has been replaced with very bright LCD screens that light up the darkness around you. Hopefully more will be done here.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
The doors were open with a CM standing outside. The line was barely out into the walkway both times I rode. Took about 10 min. to get on.

jarey91

How long will it stay open?

How long will the ride stay open? Im going to arrive this sunday and I want to see it at least once:veryconfu

ann0d

We got on last Saturday around 1:00 when we came back through around 5 I think it was - it was closed.
I thought the ride looked pretty much the same except for the ending.

DisneyAnole

Not that it matters, but I dropped by Guest Relations today to give them my impressions of the new SSE. I asked if there were more changes to come before the official Feb. opening, and the girl at Guest Relations said there wouldn't be any major changes between now and Feb.

Just thought some people might like to know. If you're at the park and you aren't satisfied with the ride, please let Guest Relations know.

EpcotMark

Not that it matters, but I dropped by Guest Relations today to give them my impressions of the new SSE. I asked if there were more changes to come before the official Feb. opening, and the girl at Guest Relations said there wouldn't be any major changes between now and Feb.

Just thought some people might like to know. If you're at the park and you aren't satisfied with the ride, please let Guest Relations know.

Even better, give them a hand written professional letter.:animwink:

DisneySaint

Nobody in Epcot Guest Relations is going to know what is going to happen with SSE nor can they do anything about it. The Guest Relations is customer service for the parks (reservations, translators, services for guests with disabilities, and so on). Telling a Guest Relations Cast Member what you think about the ride will get you no where. You need to contact Guest Communications with a question like that and with your comments about the soft opening.

DisneyAnole

Nobody in Epcot Guest Relations is going to know what is going to happen with SSE nor can they do anything about it. The Guest Relations is customer service for the parks (reservations, translators, services for guests with disabilities, and so on). Telling a Guest Relations Cast Member what you think about the ride will get you no where. You need to contact Guest Communications with a question like that and with your comments about the soft opening.

So you don't think it strange that Guest Relations didn't give me the "it's in previews" answer? I think it's significant that she said it's for all intent and purposes in a finalized form.

Captain Hank

Agreed. Guest Relations really isn't equipped to handle this type of situation, nor are they meant to. If you don't feel that this attraction has met your expectations, your best bet would be to talk to someone from WDI that's handling the previews, or contact Guest Communications. For the record, Guest Communications can be reached at:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

or, wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

echoscot

Tiffany wholesaler www.hw925shop.com is a professional Tiffany jewelry supplier for 3 years and won the good reputation on this line. The products of us are the best quality in china and the lowest price(not cheap bootleg), including the necklace ,cuff , ring ,earring . as 1837 style , round / heart tag style , Atlas style , Titanium style and so on . Pleasure more EBAY resellers join our company and enjoy our service. Since we are mate wholesaler and dropshipping servicer who can help you feel confidence to set up a steady business.To be exactly, you may have all kinds of questions from beginning If you're looking for a good source of wholesale Tiffany for your retail operation, online store or auction business, www.hw925shop.com is your one-stop shop for wholesale .hope you will get more surprise items on our website .
Wecome to our website: www.hw925shop.com
Email: hw925shopservice@yahoo.com.cn
MSN: hw925shopservice@hotmail.com

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM Alert:fork::fork::fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom