Peeling Back for a Smaller Band Issue

atigs

Original Poster
I have a smaller wrist and decided to peel back my band so that it could more comfortably fit, without having too much extra band hanging off at the end. After doing this, however, I found myself SUPER disappointed with how shoddy and torn up it looks. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's had this problem, but what did you guys use to shave it down, if anything? I was told that due to reservation changes, I'll be getting another standard grey band upon my arrival at my resort next week, but I was really hoping to be able to sport the red band.

Tom

Beta Return
I have a smaller wrist and decided to peel back my band so that it could more comfortably fit, without having too much extra band hanging off at the end. After doing this, however, I found myself SUPER disappointed with how shoddy and torn up it looks. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's had this problem, but what did you guys use to shave it down, if anything? I was told that due to reservation changes, I'll be getting another standard grey band upon my arrival at my resort next week, but I was really hoping to be able to sport the red band.

Yeah, they have a pretty jagged edge once you peel off the "adult-sized band". You might be able to use a nail file to shave it down some. It will eventually come off through wear and tear, but not before the trip.

TheMouseFan

Yeah, they have a pretty jagged edge once you peel off the "adult-sized band". You might be able to use a nail file to shave it down some. It will eventually come off through wear and tear, but not before the trip.
Even after our 5 day trip mine still has the jagged edges. It wasn't uncomfortable to wear, but I also was disappointed in the way it looked.

HouCuseChickie

We peeled our daughters'- one came out fairly clean while the other not so much. I was able to peel away most of the excess plastic to give it a cleaner look. Unfortunately, I think some of it is not having the black edge to make that central color pop. i.e. even the one that peeled off cleanly didn't look as sharp as my band with the border...sort of an unfinished look.

TheMouseFan

We peeled our daughters'- one came out fairly clean while the other not so much. I was able to peel away most of the excess plastic to give it a cleaner look. Unfortunately, I think some of it is not having the black edge to make that central color pop. i.e. even the one that peeled off cleanly didn't look as sharp as my band with the border...sort of an unfinished look.
I totally agree! I was so disappointed when I had to peel mine out to make it fit!

TheMouseFan

@Disneydreamer23
The red one has been peeled back to the child size and the blue one is the way it comes.
IMG_7248.JPG

You can kind of see the rough edges in that photo, but here is another.
IMG_7249.JPG

jturner7

A cast member did ours for us, and it came out pretty clean. The trick (other than the fact that she has probably done it 100s of times) seemed to be pulling very, very slowly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom