Peak Season wait times for ME?

nksteckler

Original Poster
Hi everyone!

I will be leaving for WDW in 3 days (yippee!!) and most likely taking Magical Express from MCO to the Contemporary (provided the wait times aren't horrendous). Does anyone know what the average wait time is during spring break season? Oh, and I don't know if it makes any difference, but my flight arrives in Orlando at 7 PM. Thanks!!

CleveRocks

The average time from exiting the airplane to exiting your DME bus at your resort is 70 minutes.

I've used DME twice, once on Mothers Day and once during the busy "Jersey Week." My times from airplane to resort were 63 minutes and 56 minutes, respectively.

Much of the time savings in taking DME is based on putting the DME luggage tags on your checked bags and skipping baggage claim after arriving at the airport.

DME is as fast and efficient as using a car service. Problem is, people hardly ever start a thread saying their DME experience was just fine, which is why we only tend to read about the problem experiences, which are few and far between. Problems can and do happen with any system, including DME. But they are the rare exception and not the rule.

It's the same reason we never see threads with titles like, "Mousekeeping cleaned my room every day and did a fine job," "I rode Space Mountain and it didn't break down," or "The food at Chef Mickey's was fine and we got seated within 5 minutes of our ADR time."

We expect things to work well, and only see fit to start threads about problems or about OUTSTANDING, above-and-beyond-the-call-of-duty service. When things run normally, we don't find it necessary to report it, unless we are asked about it.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have no reason to fear or doubt DME. It's been around for about 22 months, has served over 3 million people so far, and is not losing ridership due to widespread problems.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!!:sohappy:

nksteckler

Original Poster
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. The reason I asked is, the one time I used ME I had one of those "widespread problems" where it took exactly 3 hours to get to my on-site hotel after getting off my plane. I'm definitely willing to give ME another try (hey, it's free!) and I'm confident it will be operating efficiently and that I just experienced a fluke last time.

Thanks again.

brandon8419

I first used ME last June and we literally didn't have to wait at all. We got in line, walked right through and onto the bus we went. It was great! We will be going back in August and I can only hope our second trip goes just as quick!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom