News Peak heat index to hit 112F at Walt Disney World theme parks this week

CntrlFlPete

Stich isn't even spitting (above WoD). I assume the water is too hot making it dangerous or the water is just evaporating before reaching ground level.

Disone

I don't understand the problem. Bobby wears sweaters on his trips to the park. A real fan would melt for cause.
Yesturday Bay lake Hot an actual temp of 100. This was not not a feels like and honestly actual 100 in Central Florida is not that common. It is always miserable. Fortunately the humid was not ridiculously high, at least to a local.

Disone

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
NASA now saying a volcano is to blame.

"The excess water vapor injected by the Tonga volcano, on the other hand, could remain in the stratosphere for several years.​
This extra water vapor could influence atmospheric chemistry, boosting certain chemical reactions that could temporarily worsen depletion of the ozone layer. It could also influence surface temperatures. Massive volcanic eruptions like Krakatoa and Mount Pinatubo typically cool Earth’s surface by ejecting gases, dust, and ash that reflect sunlight back into space. In contrast, the Tonga volcano didn’t inject large amounts of aerosols into the stratosphere, and the huge amounts of water vapor from the eruption may have a small, temporary warming effect, since water vapor traps heat. The effect would dissipate when the extra water vapor cycles out of the stratosphere and would not be enough to noticeably exacerbate climate change effects."​

All supposition.

Also, it was in the Southern hemisphere. The atmospheres of the Northern and Southern hemispheres generally don't mix.

JoeCamel

"The excess water vapor injected by the Tonga volcano, on the other hand, could remain in the stratosphere for several years.​
This extra water vapor could influence atmospheric chemistry, boosting certain chemical reactions that could temporarily worsen depletion of the ozone layer. It could also influence surface temperatures. Massive volcanic eruptions like Krakatoa and Mount Pinatubo typically cool Earth’s surface by ejecting gases, dust, and ash that reflect sunlight back into space. In contrast, the Tonga volcano didn’t inject large amounts of aerosols into the stratosphere, and the huge amounts of water vapor from the eruption may have a small, temporary warming effect, since water vapor traps heat. The effect would dissipate when the extra water vapor cycles out of the stratosphere and would not be enough to noticeably exacerbate climate change effects."​

All supposition.

Also, it was in the Southern hemisphere. The atmospheres of the Northern and Southern hemispheres generally don't mix.
Or it could be the results of global warming

How is your ice cube holding out?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Same. We're still going to try and go to the park though.

We're just gonna pack 2 additional outfits for our kiddo, since he'll likely sweat through them like yesterday, plus an additional shirt for my wife and I. Beyond that, we're taking stainless steel growlers of ice cold water (yay strollers to put them in), and are charging up our kiddos battery powered fans while he takes his morning nap.

We made it through a hot day at Epcot.

Decided to go later in the day rather than early, and it worked to our advantage, as it was getting cooler the longer we were there. Still though, "cooler" peaked at 87, which is normal summer heat in Central Florida, and not what a low should be.

We made it with only one outfit each, although we were all pretty damp to the touch from sweat.

Pro tip: Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Soup from Canada and food and wine doesn't help on a hot day. Neither does following it up with two shots of bourbon at the UK pavilion.

Oh well. You live, you learn, and you take tums.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I was in Orlando all week in these temps. We have Universal APs this year instead of WDW, so we were there 5 days during the week. Went late afternoon all except for one day when we went earlier. Overall, it was hot, but not unbearable. Like Disney, most queues and attractions are indoors or at least shaded. Obviously, we did shorter days at the parks than we would have, but since crowds were down (partially due to the heat, I presume), we still did a lot. The worst part, by far, was the damn walk through Citiwalk to get to/from the parks each day.

The biggest bummer of the heat was actually that the resort pool was way too warm to be refreshing. Just felt like taking a bath with chlorinated water.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

All supposition.

Agreed.

That could be part of it, but also this thread notates a few other possible reasons:

Lilofan

That hustling bustling place back in the day called World Showplace by UK/France that is now I think used for private events could be used as a cooling off station. I mean go inside lie on the carpet and take a nap in the ice cold AC.

Basil of Baker Street

All supposition.

You're right. I should have said possibly to blame. Those guys are smart. I trust them.

Disstevefan1

NASA now saying a volcano is to blame.

Makes sense to me. Humans will do their best to lower the earth's temperature but at any moment the earth could burp or even more significant the sun could burp and erase anything humans have done to "save the planet".

The earth will live until the sun dies. Humans will be on the earth for only a small fraction of that time.

We just happen to be lucky to be alive at this moment to see it.

Disstevefan1

Time for COP and Hall of Presidents!
I see what you did there. Intentional derail, very nice.

Both COP and HOP should remain!!!!!

HOP should just get it’s updates as POTUS’s come and go

COP should get its usual technology updates, but ALL animatronics should be fully updated with the latest and the last scene should be updated to better represent present day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom