PDD

J_Carioca

Original Poster
Just got back from a great week. This trip was thrown together last-minute, so my expectations were fairly manageable. But it was fantastic in every way and now it's back to everyday life.

I hate this part. All I want is to be back among the palm trees, the buses and boats, the food, the resort, the parks. On my way to a park with the promise of fun-filled day ahead.

Anyone else in the same boat?

belledream

Totally... getting on a cool bus early in the morning, smelling like sunscreen, whole days ahead of you with as much or as little as you want to do with them... miss it all the time. The moment I pass under those arches (in the wrong direction) and the road signs turn green and everything looks gray again... it's just over. 😢 That, and the empty MDE.

Means it's time to start all over again!

JIMINYCR

You are among all the rest of us who love Disney and patiently wait for the trip to arrive, only to have it fly by too fast. Every trip ends the same. Depression starts creeping in as we approach the last couple of days, then slams hard as check out time hits. I hate seeing the palm trees in my rear view mirror as we leave FL. Sadly, all good things must come to an end and you have the hope that theres going to be a next trip in your future. Unfortunately I've never found anything in my home area that can fill the void Disney leaves. All other parks, fairs, carnivals, festivals, firework displays, pale in comparison.

J_Carioca

Original Poster
On our way back home, at the airport, I absolutely hate seeing all those families just arriving and starting their vacation and we're just dropped off by the Disney's Magical Depress to fly home.

Oh I know - the happy people that have just arrived on the day you're leaving...brutal.
Love your name for the bus, too!

JustAFan

Oh I know - the happy people that have just arrived on the day you're leaving...brutal.
Love your name for the bus, too!
I'm always a little mixed seeing people walk into the park with huge smiles as I walk out on my last day. I'm partly annoyed, but partly happy for them. :D

ELG13

That's the worst part of planning....is knowing one day it will be done! I am always that way for a few days after. The six hour drive home is a double edged sword. We take our time stopping at places along the way. Nothing big or exciting but there are some rest areas and stores we frequent. We drag out the vacation as long as possible.

zurgandfriend

It hits me when I get to my home airport. I have to drag our bags off the carousel and find our ride home. It's like a hit in the head that my vacation is over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom