Paying out unnecessarily

Diamond Dot

Original Poster
I'm currently here and I'm in line listening to people discussing paying for Ratatouille. If you are staying at a Skyliner or Boardwalk resorts and going in for early hours then save your money. I got on twice in a row on Saturday, there was no line until the other resort guests had walked all the way up. I was in line for the Skyliner both Saturday and this morning listening to people announcing they got LL for Ratatouille, such a waste of money.
So far I've spent zero on Genie+, done a ton of rides and having a great time. I'm going to Rise of The Resistance and expect that to be my only long wait.
It's a case of what you make it.

Diamond Dot

Original Poster
I did Rise Of The Resistance, Runaway Train and ate a delicious plate of Blueberry waffles on Sunset Boulevard without breaking into a run (against the rules) and it's not even 9:45. A guy yelled at a CM, who told him not to run, that he wasn't willing to wait 3 hours to ride ROTR.
Seriously, if you are staying at a Disney resort then chill because I found the extra half hour is a real money and time saver.

heatherhy01

I did Rise Of The Resistance, Runaway Train and ate a delicious plate of Blueberry waffles on Sunset Boulevard without breaking into a run (against the rules) and it's not even 9:45. A guy yelled at a CM, who told him not to run, that he wasn't willing to wait 3 hours to ride ROTR.
Seriously, if you are staying at a Disney resort then chill because I found the extra half hour is a real money and time saver.
Thanks so much for this! We are going in June, we did add Genie+ but I am trying to convince my family that RD is the way to go and to not rely solely on G+

Diamond Dot

Original Poster
I was stood behind a couple this morning for the Skyliner hearing them discuss how much it cost to go on Ratatouille and the Genie+ nearly broke my heart. And on my first day at EPCOT a family of four talked about their LL booking for the Rat. It's really not worth it if you are at a resort that is entry at International Gateway.
Just do RD and save the money for something better.
7D was down for some considerable time yesterday, if you paid for that it must be disappointing.
As the Genie+ covers the day and can be used in all 4 parks it may be worth considering for any non LL rides you haven't got in. I've done nearly all I wanted to, but, if by next Monday there is a few more to tick off I may treat myself.

Diamond Dot

Original Poster
Thanks so much for this! We are going in June, we did add Genie+ but I am trying to convince my family that RD is the way to go and to not rely solely on G+
I decided to try ROTR late at night, I went in at 7:45pm with an estimated wait time of 105 minutes, I was out just before 9pm. With 7D the hack of going in around half an hour before the fireworks also still works, watching the firworks while riding and catching the end after getting off was pretty darn good. RD is good, but, it is also a stampede and almost a case of the survival of the fittest.

figgyfan62

Were you able to do ROTH as a walk on at park opening or did you Genie+ it? Wondering if it's worth getting there early and if they allow rope drop early entry folks to walk on standby or do you have to Genie+?

heatherhy01

I decided to try ROTR late at night, I went in at 7:45pm with an estimated wait time of 105 minutes, I was out just before 9pm. With 7D the hack of going in around half an hour before the fireworks also still works, watching the firworks while riding and catching the end after getting off was pretty darn good. RD is good, but, it is also a stampede and almost a case of the survival of the fittest.
I will remember this advice! Thanks!

Diamond Dot

Original Poster
Were you able to do ROTH as a walk on at park opening or did you Genie+ it? Wondering if it's worth getting there early and if they allow rope drop early entry folks to walk on standby or do you have to Genie+?
I did ROTR by standby line in under 45 minutes by doing early morning hours and, unlike many, I didn't even run there. I did it a second time late in the evening at 8pm and was out by 9pm, also by standby line and a lot less than the 95 minutes the board quoted. I made the time go faster by catching up on a movie I uploaded and had started watching while in line for FoP. I seriously wouldn't pay any money to go on a ride and my experience of Genie+ at WDW was a negative one, so that influences my opinion of it.
If you are staying online and can be at the park for RD do the morning, but, don't dawdle, the line builds up quickly. If you are off site and happy to stay until or after park closing then do it as late as you can, but, I think 8pm was just right.

DisneyfanMA

Does Disney have any rules about re-riding? I'm sure this has come up before and its probably a hot take, but what if Disney said, on the most popular rides only (say 1 or 2 E ticket per park) or on the busiest of days, you can ride once and then you have to not ride again for 3 hours or something. This might discourage people from getting right back into line and blocking other guests. Or does no one actually do this and I'm just making it up?

I'm picturing resort guests who get there at rope drop , ride relatively quickly and decide to queue up again. In theory the extra half hour for resort guests who queue up, and get their rides out of the way first should relieve a lot of pressure for those who follow them (non resort guests like me) right? Does this make any sense or dumb/bad idea?

DisneyfanMA

Also in regards to this Genie +, I'm likely to shell out my money for it because several friends said otherwise I'll be in line all day for everything......ButI wish Disney would simplify and just do what Universal does. Doesn't Universal's system work better? you just pay more and get a lesser line for all rides and no scheduling and all that craziness? Seems way simpler. Also....Disney.....MORE RIDES!!!!! Need more things to draw the crowds away from the few.

Naplesgolfer

Also in regards to this Genie +, I'm likely to shell out my money for it because several friends said otherwise I'll be in line all day for everything......ButI wish Disney would simplify and just do what Universal does. Doesn't Universal's system work better? you just pay more and get a lesser line for all rides and no scheduling and all that craziness? Seems way simpler. Also....Disney.....MORE RIDES!!!!! Need more things to draw the crowds away from the few.
A much smaller number of Universal guest's are able to use express pass compared to how many Disney guest could buy Genie +.

nickys

Premium Member
Does Disney have any rules about re-riding? I'm sure this has come up before and its probably a hot take, but what if Disney said, on the most popular rides only (say 1 or 2 E ticket per park) or on the busiest of days, you can ride once and then you have to not ride again for 3 hours or something. This might discourage people from getting right back into line and blocking other guests. Or does no one actually do this and I'm just making it up?

I'm picturing resort guests who get there at rope drop , ride relatively quickly and decide to queue up again. In theory the extra half hour for resort guests who queue up, and get their rides out of the way first should relieve a lot of pressure for those who follow them (non resort guests like me) right? Does this make any sense or dumb/bad idea?
Since you don’t tap in to the stand-by line this would be impossible to enforce.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm currently here and I'm in line listening to people discussing paying for Ratatouille. If you are staying at a Skyliner or Boardwalk resorts and going in for early hours then save your money. I got on twice in a row on Saturday, there was no line until the other resort guests had walked all the way up. I was in line for the Skyliner both Saturday and this morning listening to people announcing they got LL for Ratatouille, such a waste of money.
So far I've spent zero on Genie+, done a ton of rides and having a great time. I'm going to Rise of The Resistance and expect that to be my only long wait.
It's a case of what you make it.
Spring break was over. Try for same Easter Week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom