Paying full price

Cubs Brian

Original Poster
Under what conditions right now would you pay the full price for your vacation? I’ll give our situation as an example. We are currently booked July 5th-10th. Room, free dining plan and tickets come out to $4400.00, we did upgrade our free quick serve to the regular dining plan for a few hundred more. With conditions the way they are would you pay full price if 3 parks were open? What if only 2 were open? Maybe 3 open but certain rides or attractions like all the new Star Wars attractions were closed. Just trying to get opinions as we’re kind of torn on wether to cancel our upcoming vacation and trying to gather as much info as possible. And yes I know there’s still a good chance that none of the parks would be open.

Herdman

Under what conditions right now would you pay the full price for your vacation? I’ll give our situation as an example. We are currently booked July 5th-10th. Room, free dining plan and tickets come out to $4400.00, we did upgrade our free quick serve to the regular dining plan for a few hundred more. With conditions the way they are would you pay full price if 3 parks were open? What if only 2 were open? Maybe 3 open but certain rides or attractions like all the new Star Wars attractions were closed. Just trying to get opinions as we’re kind of torn on wether to cancel our upcoming vacation and trying to gather as much info as possible. And yes I know there’s still a good chance that none of the parks would be open.
Is this your first time going? I definitely don't think I'd go if it was the first time. Otherwise, for us, it would probably come down to being able to get our money back, can't easily go another time, etc. Tough decision for sure.

Giss Neric

Depends on who are going and what is your definition of worth it. Remember when the parks eventually open up, there will certainly be no character meet and greets, no parades/street performers, no castle shows, maybe a fireworks show but no projections in the castle. Attractions or shows inside a theatre won't happen too. Other than that, I think most attractions, shops and restaurants are open. In Shanghai, all rides including Pirates, rollercoasters like Tron and Mine Train, Soarin are all open. Only shows are closed.

If you are seldom visitors or do have kids, it all depends on your agenda. If you are big on characters then might as well postpone it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
But you're not paying full price....

I pay full price if there's not a discount which has happened a few times and may be happening this year as well.
There is a lot I can live without or don't do already so if say there were no character meet n greets or parades those things would not effect my decision in any way.
I'd say as long as MK, HS, and EPCOT are open and the majority of rides are open I'd go because that's what I pay for normally.
You have to decide what your tipping point is and unfortunately we likely won't know what will be operational until they start the opening process.

Dad 2 M & M

Simple as “how bad do you want to go”?

Economic concept is “utels”

Anywho, what are your options?

Are you thinking they’ll have some tremendous discount to lure peeps back?

there is a chance the World will be packed and at “full new capacity” with Phase closings....

MissViv

I would pay full price with reduced attendance. That would be wonderful. I can do without parades (usually bi-pass those anyway), I do enjoy the fireworks but watch from the resort not standing in the mass of people. I've seen all the shows and don't do character meet and greets. So ....

If most of the rides are open and the restaurants, I would not hesitate to go. I have a reservation in October and hoping it will be less crowded than previous years. I wanted to go to MNSSHP but that is not a must!

I have a big trip booked in October (end of October-Nov). Total cost is around 20k right now with no discounts. I fully plan on canceling this and rebooking for either the spring or fall of 2021. Only way I can justify this cost is if everything is open and operating as close to normal as possible. I think its definitely a personal decision though, and if you feel you are still getting value for your $, no matter what the actual cost of the trip is, then it may be worth it.

JIMINYCR

Everyones decision will be based on what the new Disney look will be, how it will impact their enjoyment and how much less they are willing to accept as being worth it. Disney is trying to figure this out as well by the recent survey they sent out. What will cause you to cancel and what would you accept as can do without. Maybe they will cut prices, maybe they will add incentives to keep or draw future reservations, no one can tell. In the past they have released offers when the guest numbers were looking low.
For me for ex. I dont enjoy parades. I could do without them and not seeing them would not draw away the value of my trip. I dont do the water parks or the resort pool, so the same thing applies. Losing an entire park or multiple top attractions would. I'd draw the line at the point where my trip looks and feels like theres not enough to enjoy an entire day.

MickeyLuv'r

I can't imagine making this choice based on price alone. It would also depend on range of personal circumstances. generally, I think it is too early to say what conditions will be like come 2 months from now, and I don't mean the parks being open or not open. I mean just about everything else.

Two months ago was March 12; WDW was still open, the total number of worldwide cases and unemployment rates were both much lower.

Two months from now, who knows where we'll be.

Also, as much as I enjoy WDW, spending thousands of dollars vacationing while so many people are suffering and mourning?

Herdman

Depends on who are going and what is your definition of worth it. Remember when the parks eventually open up, there will certainly be no character meet and greets, no parades/street performers, no castle shows, maybe a fireworks show but no projections in the castle. Attractions or shows inside a theatre won't happen too. Other than that, I think most attractions, shops and restaurants are open. In Shanghai, all rides including Pirates, rollercoasters like Tron and Mine Train, Soarin are all open. Only shows are closed.

If you are seldom visitors or do have kids, it all depends on your agenda. If you are big on characters then might as well postpone it.
They actually did a castle projection show in place of fireworks I beleive on the reopening night at Shanghai. Social distancing didn't work from what I've heard on podcasts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom