Pay extra attention to the my disney experience info

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all,

Just wanted to give you the heads up that we got our welcome package the other day. It was cool - included the USB to put in your computer to download a "special" message. And the personalized booklet about our trip. There was a magnet to put on the fridge of important dates. The magnet had all the correct info, but logging into the my disney experience, it had some incorrect info. Just keep an extra eye on that info b/c when I called the cast member was great about fixing it but couldn't explain why it had happened.

They had the wrong pay off date in the computer which if I went by the date on the magnet, which is correct, rather then the date in the computer, they would have canceled my reservation due to non-payment.

Also, they have in my disney experience that I have one adult dining plan and one for a child. But all my ADR's are with 2 adults and it says the reservation has 2 adults, no children. So in the computer system, its accurate but then on my disney experience, it is not.

I know its going to be a great system but while they get the kinks out, pay extra attention to those details. Don't want anyone to end up with something going wrong.

Betsyboo

We received our package in the mail at 80 days out. We didn't get the USB port just the package with the magnet. We booked through AAA. I wonder if that's the reason some get the USB and some don't. Maybe those booked through a travel agent don't?

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you the heads up that we got our welcome package the other day. It was cool - included the USB to put in your computer to download a "special" message. And the personalized booklet about our trip. There was a magnet to put on the fridge of important dates. The magnet had all the correct info, but logging into the my disney experience, it had some incorrect info. Just keep an extra eye on that info b/c when I called the cast member was great about fixing it but couldn't explain why it had happened.

They had the wrong pay off date in the computer which if I went by the date on the magnet, which is correct, rather then the date in the computer, they would have canceled my reservation due to non-payment.

Also, they have in my disney experience that I have one adult dining plan and one for a child. But all my ADR's are with 2 adults and it says the reservation has 2 adults, no children. So in the computer system, its accurate but then on my disney experience, it is not.

I know its going to be a great system but while they get the kinks out, pay extra attention to those details. Don't want anyone to end up with something going wrong.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll double check my info.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We received our package in the mail at 80 days out. We didn't get the USB port just the package with the magnet. We booked through AAA. I wonder if that's the reason some get the USB and some don't. Maybe those booked through a travel agent don't?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll double check my info.

It looked new - like a new way they are doing things. It was cool and interactive. I will try and post pics later. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Out of curiosity, how many days out did you receive the welcome package? Congrats on going back by the way. We have 169 days to go.

It wasn't mickey mail. It was a new introduction to the my disney experience. I am about 73 days out and we got it over the weekend. It had a USB Mickey to plug into your computer. And our personalized information booklet. But this was not Mickey Mail.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I took the pics on my phone and will download the pics hopefully this weekend. It was cool. A tad cheesy - but cool!

Upvote 0

bow0303

Hi all,

We got the booklet last night and we're about 165 days out. Had the magnet but no USB.

I had a similar issue but it was with the park tickets. Its an easy fix. The other adult must log into their separate (assuming they have one) Disneyexperience page and make sure they list you as a family member and share everything with you and you'll be able to see everything. Not sure this will help explain but hope it will.

Upvote 0

JohnD

My family made reservations over Thanksgiving weekend for an April trip. I received the package about a week later. Some have reported receiving a 6GB drive. Mine is 3.74 GB but only 96k is taken up with two .html files with links to Edna videos.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
My family made reservations over Thanksgiving weekend for an April trip. I received the package about a week later. Some have reported receiving a 6GB drive. Mine is 3.74 GB but only 96k is taken up with two .html files with links to Edna videos.

That's what this was. The two links to a video. I don't know the GH size though.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
How different was the payoff date? It won't cancel right away.

By two days. Just enough to give us one more pay check. Hee hee :) I have always paid off before the date so its never been this close. But with they pay off date a week after Christmas, its close. How much "wiggle room" do you have? My OCD will never allow me to pay off after the date for fear of what could happen but i'm curious what the answer is.

Upvote 0

sparky03

Checked all my info and everything was correct, also received the USB. IMO it's pointless but pretty cool when it lights up, and it's reusable too (I believe its 3 GB)
Cool. Got mine a couple weeks ago for a late Feb visit. Watched the video which didn't tell me anything I didn't already know since I browse these forums religiously. But didn't even think about reusing the USB! Another of the many infinite benefits of MM+ /sarcasm

Upvote 0

SDisney90

Cool. Got mine a couple weeks ago for a late Feb visit. Watched the video which didn't tell me anything I didn't already know since I browse these forums religiously. But didn't even think about reusing the USB! Another of the many infinite benefits of MM+ /sarcasm
I agree 100%...they also sent me a link a week prior to receiving the USB which had the same exact videos linked to the USB :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

By two days. Just enough to give us one more pay check. Hee hee :) I have always paid off before the date so its never been this close. But with they pay off date a week after Christmas, its close. How much "wiggle room" do you have? My OCD will never allow me to pay off after the date for fear of what could happen but i'm curious what the answer is.
About 2 weeks - for WDW - but it's still a good idea to call in and tell them that your payment may be late.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
About 2 weeks - for WDW - but it's still a good idea to call in and tell them that your payment may be late.

Interesting. Good to know but like I said, my OCD won't allow it. :) hee hee I'm too nervous that all my precious ADR's would be canceled!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom