Passing Along The Magic

HRHPrincessAriel

Ugh did I say I "knew" her story - NO! all I did (like others) was make a suggestion. Thank you
No, but you said it might not worth it because they already privileged to be there implying it would be wasted on them. Do something for the homeless instead!!

All I said is you don't know that she already doesn't! Just because a kid is already "privileged" to be at WDW it wouldn't be deserved? She can't do both?

It just made me think of the people that like to throw things back in your face.
Me-"I don't like the color of these shoes."
Other "At least you have shoes! Some don't!"
Me "I don't like this kind of pizza"
Other" "A starving kid somewhere would be grateful to have it"

When I've done this we spent all of $5 on things from the $1 spot. Others have also said their "privileged" kids would love it, as would mine. Give most little kids a plastic sparkly ring or a car/truck sticker not matter how cheap and they'll be pumped. Privileged or not.

I'm cranky and up to my eyeballs in flooring hell so this just hit a nerve with me today.

Last edited:

HRHPrincessAriel

Regarding stickers, what would you think if you saw those stickers stuck to the walls in the queue area?
I'd probably peel off myself. WDW CM's handed my kiddo numerous stickers. She promptly placed on her stroller. She still loves to point at them and talk about them.

People are stupid no matter where you go. If it's not their sticker, it's their gum, soda poured out, trash thrown down.

LWB

I have two daughters and wouldn't mind if the person next to us in line handed them stickers. I would politely decline food (even candy), but stickers would be fine. I do agree with the others that you should be prepared for some parents to be skeptical! There are already cast members that pass out stickers to kids throughout the park so keep that in mind! Even so, my kids are always excited to get them and it makes them happy. That's a very sweet plan.

JIMINYCR

I'm with the go ahead and do it crowd. Putting a smile on a kids face and making a small moment magical for someone you encounter helps add to their day and is wonderful. It's not a food item so parents probably would be very receptive to your kind gesture.

JillC LI

We are both already actively involved in the communities where we live. We just wanted to do this on the upcoming trip because, yeah, it's just a sticker of Elsa or Mickey but you never know, it could make a kids day and that's always cool to see. I know when I was younger if anyone ever gave me a sticker or something like that I would be so excited about it. Just trying to continue to magic.

Well I for one think it is a lovely idea. If a teenage girl standing in line with us offered my kids some Disneystickers when they were younger, I would have been delighted to letmy kids accept. For those that are not interested, their loss. Kudos to you for trying to share the magic.

disney4life2008

No, but you said it might not worth it because they already privileged to be there implying it would be wasted on them. Do something for the homeless instead!!

All I said is you don't know that she already doesn't! Just because a kid is already "privileged" to be at WDW it wouldn't be deserved? She can't do both?

It just made me think of the people that like to throw things back in your face.
Me-"I don't like the color of these shoes."
Other "At least you have shoes! Some don't!"
Me "I don't like this kind of pizza"
Other" "A starving kid somewhere would be grateful to have it"

When I've done this we spent all of $5 on things from the $1 spot. Others have also said their "privileged" kids would love it, as would mine. Give most little kids a plastic sparkly ring or a car/truck sticker not matter how cheap and they'll be pumped. Privileged or not.

I'm cranky and up to my eyeballs in flooring hell so this just hit a nerve with me today.

I see, lol. No argument from me :)

Disneydreamer23

Honestly I would not care if some one did this unless you were trying to hand my child food ( once waiting for a restaurant in Wisconsin Dells a Lady said yout daughter is so cute and handed her a cookie I nearly went crazy) I would be ok with it, but other people might see it different.

Much-Pixie-Dust

It's not like you are standing in the bushes, trying to get a child to come to you and away from his/her family. :cautious:

Considering you are two teenage girls and you said it would be during wait times when you talk to the families around you, then I say go for it. My daughter is nine and would think it was really neat that a teenager shares her love of Disney and gave her a small token. I am a pretty protective Mom, and in the context you described, it would not bother me.

It's very sweet of you.

HRHPrincessAriel

It's not like you are standing in the bushes, trying to get a child to come to you and away from his/her family. :cautious:

Considering you are two teenage girls and you said it would be during wait times when you talk to the families around you, then I say go for it. My daughter is nine and would think it was really neat that a teenager shares her love of Disney and gave her a small token. I am a pretty protective Mom, and in the context you described, it would not bother me.

It's very sweet of you.
I totally LOL'd at your first line and 100% agree with the rest.

Scott10

We used to really enjoy giving paper fast passes to families when we could use them ourselves. One great idea that a family told me about a few years ago is that their child loves to get a balloon from the vendors on Main St. Well, they fly and the child can't take the balloon home, so the tradition became that the child would get a balloon and then on the last day give the balloon the a child of her choice....their daughter loved the experience of putting a smile on another child's face and I thought what a great way to end a vacation!
I say go ahead with your idea and don't let society today dampen a kind heart! As a teacher, it is great to hear about teenagers actually wanting to do things our of generosity!

Amyleigh

My kids passed out extra glow sticks we had left to other kids at the end of our trip. I say go for it! The parents can always say no.

prfctlyximprct

I love the idea of sharing the magic! In the bosox family's YouTube video, they sprinkled Mickey confetti by people's hotel room doors. It's the little acts of magic that people remember. I once read on here that someone paid for another guests meal without them knowing.. They simple got their bill and it said it sad paid by someone else in the restaurant. I used to always hand out fast passes I wouldn't be able to make, or had extra of. Paying it forward is a wonderful idea.

Yeah I'd go for it on of the things I remember thinking was amazing was been given a glow in the dark necklace from someone who was sat next to us waiting for spectro to start.

jlsHouston

I side with the go ahead and pass the magic on too crowd. I travel with my my grandkids most of the time and we have shared extra stickers with other children we might "meet" on the boat or monorail or bus. We always notice the birthday buttons and first trip buttons and my grandson always offers one of his stickers or sometimes if they are lucky enough he might even give them one of his prized sorcerer cards. It is a magic thing to have someone randomly share something or perform an act of kindness and I encourage that spirit. If a parent acts hesitant I would just smile and apologize and move on, no need to explain. Everyone is entitled to express what they are comfortable with around their kids and of course there will be some that don't want their children to be approached by strangers at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom