Passholders now have to show app to get any discounts

aladdin2007

Original Poster
So another site is now reporting that passholders can no longer get any merch or dining discounts unless they show their pass info on the disneyapp. You can no longer show your pass card with drivers license.
This means every register etc you have to stand there and pull all this up, sign in over and over, its just not going to work., half the time we cant even get the app to work on the phone. Its going to cause even more lines of people trying to do this at each register, anyone know more?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I thought we were already doing this? I was pulling up on my phone in March. I have my pass in my GPay and a few CMs said they'd never seen it that way before. I don't realize it's also in the Disney app. 🤷‍♂️

It's not really going to be a choke point at restaurants because eligible places are table service and adding a minute is a wash.

Shops shouldn't be too bad. Mobile checkout is an option at many and discount is automatically applied, and there are either plenty of registers or low checkout traffic at the rest of the eligible shops.

aladdin2007

Original Poster
I thought we were already doing this? I was pulling up on my phone in March. I have my pass in my GPay and a few CMs said they'd never seen it that way before. I don't realize it's also in the Disney app. 🤷‍♂️

It's not really going to be a choke point at restaurants because eligible places are table service and adding a minute is a wash.

Shops shouldn't be too bad. Mobile checkout is an option at many and discount is automatically applied, and there are either plenty of registers or low checkout traffic at the rest of the eligible shops.
we had no problem showing the card last week, but now it sounds like that wont be allowed.

Kingoglow

This has been in place since the beginning of May. It is no big deal. People are acting like they don't know how to use their phones... please stop with the hyperbole. Pulling out your phone is no more difficult than pulling out your wallet and digging out your AP and Driver's license. Stop with the pearl clutching.

In several instances, I only had to open the app and show the cast member the AP badge next to my profile name on the front page, no digging deep into the app required.

Kingoglow

I feel like this is a move to prevent fraud.
That's true. I don't think the new AP cards have expiration dates on them. When I activated my AP, they didn't even give me a physical card; probably because the digital policy was already in place. I had to go back and request it.

donsullivan

Premium Member
This has been in place since the beginning of May. It is no big deal. People are acting like they don't know how to use their phones... please stop with the hyperbole. Pulling out your phone is no more difficult than pulling out your wallet and digging out your AP and Driver's license. Stop with the pearl clutching.

In several instances, I only had to open the app and show the cast member the AP badge next to my profile name on the front page, no digging deep into the app required.
I ran into it the first time 2 weeks ago. It’s not a problem except the first time, when you aren’t prepared for it. It seems clearly the latest attempt to clamp down on fraud. Now that I know they’ll ask for it, I can plan to have the phone ready to show my Passholder credentials.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Believe it or not, there are people who don't own a smartphone. Denying someone a discount because they don't have one is in poor taste. Yes, as you say, they can require whatever they want but it doesn't mean they should. The old way of simply showing an ID with the card was sufficient. This move is just another shift to making the WDW experience unbearably reliant on technology.
If you use the mobile checkout at the Disney stores, the AP discount is automatically applied. No need to show anything at all according the people that have used it already.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
If you use the mobile checkout at the Disney stores, the AP discount is automatically applied. No need to show anything at all according the people that have used it already.
Yes, I'm aware of how that works because I use it when I visit. But this has nothing to do with what I posted.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yes, I'm aware of how that works because I use it when I visit. But this has nothing to do with what I posted.
Sorry. I was just mentioning a place that you don't have to show anything. Wasn't a blanket statement. I obviously didn't know if you knew about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom