Passholder Summer Offers are Up

rodserling27

Passholders! Act Now—Save up to 30% on Summer Stays at Select Disney Resort Hotels
With great summer rates at Disney Resort hotels, now's the perfect time to plan a spectacular summer vacation that your family will cherish forever. Save up to 30% at select Disney Resort hotels when you book by August 14, 2012 for stays most nights June 15, 2012 through August 14, 2012.

For example, stay in a standard room at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort starting at just $104 per night, plus tax for most Sunday through Thursday nights June 15, 2012 through August 4, 2012. That's a savings of 20%!

Explore example savings across a variety of Disney Resort hotel categories:

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
6/15–7/8/2012 and 7/20–8/14/2012 Value Resort 20%
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
6/15–7/31/2012 Moderate Resort 25%
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort Deluxe Villa Resort 30%

Great Savings at Other Disney Resort Hotels:
In addition to the options above, be sure to check for available savings at other Disney Resort hotels.

The number of rooms available at this rate is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price of the same room. Additional per adult charges may apply if more than 2 adults per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts. Minimum stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. See Important Details.

I just called and they wouldn't give the discount on the Pirate themed rooms at CBR...but then she said I'd only be saving $150 off what I already had, so I suppose I'm not broken hearted about it...but I wish the discount was steeper, that would change my mind!

docdebbi

I suppose this is the scaling back of discounts that we were warned about. I think Disney will begin pressing the envelope on prices until guests start pressing back with their wallets...

boy do i hope you are right. hopefully, AP bookings drop and they get the message. could use some good discounts again !

Upvote 0
Some of the rates I'm reading are crazy! Even with a CM discount, I've never heard of nightly rates so low for a moderate or deluxe resort. I bought a seasonal AP for the first time this year with the payment plan as my CM contact has moved, and if I saw WL or the Poly for under $200/night, I'd make an excuse to have a "staycation"!

Thing is, these resorts are always booked at the full rack rate, so what motivation does Disney have to discount them? None of the rooms on property are worth what they charge. What you pay for is atmosphere and your "free" transportation, as well as proximity to the parks.

Upvote 0

JSkellington#31

I wish I could Remember the cast members name that took my reservations last month. He was nice enough to let me know that you can book up to three reservations per pin offer. I was able to book through the end of 2012 off of that pin @ 30% off the rate at French Quarter and Carribean Beach. I owe him a big THANK YOU!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

rodserling27

Original Poster
I wish I could Remember the cast members name that took my reservations last month. He was nice enough to let me know that you can book up to three reservations per pin offer. I was able to book through the end of 2012 off of that pin @ 30% off the rate at French Quarter and Carribean Beach. I owe him a big THANK YOU!!!:sohappy:

Nice!!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I really believe Disney is trying to force more and more people into DVC. And I think it's a bad strategy. People don't not join DVC because they don't like Disney enough. They don't join because it's too expensive. Forcing people's hand isn't going to help.

Right now, I'm still renting points from DVC owners as resort rates are beyond what I'm willing to pay. The AoA resort was supposed to help that problem, but their rates are crazy expensive too. I said about 2 years ago, that I saw about another 5 years of WDW annual trips for us, and that would be it. I'm thinking that's just about right. The economic woes felt in this country aren't felt in many others, and those are the people that are coming to WDW. Disney doesn't care whose filling the rooms, as long as they're filled.

Upvote 0

Annielkd

What makes you think Disney is trying to force people into DVC's? I think more and more people are getting frustrated with that too.
I wouldn't expect Disney to care who is renting as long as it's rented. I don't think business really care who they cater to.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

What makes you think Disney is trying to force people into DVC's?

Well, I'm not a marketing major, but considering they're building DVC units at a rate of 3 to 1 compared with new resorts over the past 15 years, the fact that resort prices are through the roof, the fact that they're offering less discounts, and the fact that they're promoting DVC at practically every turn on property, it's just a hunch.

Upvote 0
i got booted from quotes

Disney didnt like how i was dissing them, they booted me from replying to quotes.. anyhow disney is Greedy, i tried booking for a friend last week for value resort, and everything was almost 150 at pop, what a joke, so i called and as usual the annual pass discount doesnt do anything, i have had passes for last 4 years, I AM DONE.. people who have annual passes should get a better deal across the board than Joe SHMOO with a 3 day pass. but i have never seen anything good from annual pass discount. some clever shrewed stratigic chess game... anyhow when i called on phone had no success, but i kept plugging away at computer for Evil D to release some rooms at the 102 price and finally caught it.. anyhow i HAVE BEEN TO DISNEY OVER 100 TIMES IN 3 YEARS, id rather stay offsite take a TAXI from a close location that is safe to park, than give them the 14 dollars for parkingand a extra 70 dollars a night.. i havent paid for parking even with seasonal passes, if you use your mind and be creative you can nickle and dime them back, also be sure to bring your old soda mugs to refill at nearest resort LOL .... Guys with Cargo shorts load them up .. HA haa..

Upvote 0

stitch34

I was thinking last night about the DVC aspect of it all, and them building more and more DVC resorts, always seems they are really trying to sell you on DVC.
Families say wow, resorts so expensive, may make DVC seem more attractive to them purchasing?

We used to take more frequent trips and got lots of grief from friends/family about it - but I kept saying, we are doing it now while we CAN and great deals out there. As kids are turning into "adults" in Disney - well, we like deluxe dining and those days are soon to be DONE for us. Gone are the $59 one-way flights, resort prices going up, gone is the 45% off deluxe we've had before.
We do major split stays. Pop is our sentimental favorite - and now with 5% off only? Not to mention the new room categories... pay more now for the 60's poolside we always requested and got. This trip, doing standard. We like to get a good AP rate and do a night here and there at various deluxes/mods - but I guess those days are done pretty much.

2 years ago I HATED paying $282 to stay one night at the Poly - now am so glad I did and paid that price while I got it!

Having an AP still saves us when we do two trips per year with park hoppers each trip... and do like having TIW. But decent resort rates were a nice perk and I guess that is no more really.

Upvote 0
I got a 30% PIN offer back at the beginning of February for either WL or AKL for the month of November only. I think it's only b/c I quoted a stay at both resorts during that month but never booked it. About 2-3 weeks later I got the PIN in the mail. After tax, I am paying ~$284 per night for a Woods view at WL.

Upvote 0

rodserling27

Original Poster
I was thinking last night about the DVC aspect of it all, and them building more and more DVC resorts, always seems they are really trying to sell you on DVC.
Families say wow, resorts so expensive, may make DVC seem more attractive to them purchasing?

We used to take more frequent trips and got lots of grief from friends/family about it - but I kept saying, we are doing it now while we CAN and great deals out there. As kids are turning into "adults" in Disney - well, we like deluxe dining and those days are soon to be DONE for us. Gone are the $59 one-way flights, resort prices going up, gone is the 45% off deluxe we've had before.
We do major split stays. Pop is our sentimental favorite - and now with 5% off only? Not to mention the new room categories... pay more now for the 60's poolside we always requested and got. This trip, doing standard. We like to get a good AP rate and do a night here and there at various deluxes/mods - but I guess those days are done pretty much.

2 years ago I HATED paying $282 to stay one night at the Poly - now am so glad I did and paid that price while I got it!

Having an AP still saves us when we do two trips per year with park hoppers each trip... and do like having TIW. But decent resort rates were a nice perk and I guess that is no more really.
THIS! I remember flying for just around $100 round trip from Philadelphia to MCO via Southwest many, many times...I'm sure whenever the economy eventually rebounds, we will see prices drop on all fronts? Maybe? :(

Upvote 0

Ohboy!

I get the frustration given the discounts of the past...
But some of you forget that by buying an AP you're basically telling Disney you're in...you're going...you've already committed. Yes, you'd spend more with them if you stayed on-site. Yes, you'd be more likely to renew. I bet their numbers tell them most passholders will do those things regardless. It's the average Joe they're more motivated to lure into booking a trip (which is why public deals come out first). Given the Fantasyland Expansion, I bet their occupancy numbers aren't that bad this year, as a lot of people booked trips hoping to see the new stuff. Therefore, there's no reason for them to offer an outstanding deal...to anyone, at least during the busy mid-summer weeks...the public deal wasn't that great either. I like the AP, but as convenience and as a money saver only in the sense that it's less than regular admission tickets for anyone who goes at least twice within a 52 week period. Anything else is just a bonus.

Upvote 0

tsaintc

I just wanted to send a quick heads up to anyone who attempted to take advantage of the summer passholder specials. It appears as though a number of additional discounts were made available overnight. With a simple phone call to WDW, I was able to save $240 this morning. They had an AP discount for PORS - Royal Rooms (all categories). This is the first time I have seen this discount since they were posted back in May. I checked a few other resorts and there were many more available options that did not previously exist. It may be worth your time to check. YMMV

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom