Passholder Room Discount Question

cbcdiver

Hi Folks,

In the past was a Passholder allowed to book more than 1 room
on a Passholder Discount? For some reason I seem to remeber
this was the case? But, for the upcoming special starting in April,
I am bieng told each room must have a Passholder in it...

Thanks,
Chris

Rob562

Yes, that used to be the case, now you need at least one passholder per room booked.

And to elaborate/clarify that just slightly, you must have as many Passholders as you have rooms booked. But you *don't* have to have one passholder in each room. As long as you can show that you have enough APs, you'll be OK.

For example: A couple years ago, I went to WDW with three friends. Two of us had APs, the other two didn't. We got two rooms under an AP discount. The way we ended up deciding to pair off and share room, I and the other Passholder were sharing a room. But because we had 2 rooms and 2 Passholders at check-in, everything was fine.

The only problem you might run into would be trying to book AP-discounted rooms online. You need to have an AP or AP voucher in order to log into the Passholder section of the website, and then I believe the Passholder would have to be one of the Guests registered in the room. So to get around that, it's easier to call on the phone to book.

This also brings up something I was recently wondering (even though it ended up beeing a moot point anyway...) I'm a Passholder. I'm going to WDW in June, and staying at Pop on a Free Dining PIN code. I have a couple friends who were thinking about going at the same time and getting their own room. When the AP rates came out, I calculated them out vs. the B4G3 offer.
B4G3 ended up being cheaper anyway, but I wonder if they'd be OK if my friend booked an AP rate, and *I* was the one showing my AP at check-in. There'd be only one room with an AP discount, because my reservation was on a Free Dining offer and not an AP discount.

-Rob

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi Rob, I had asked the same question about a year ago with a different promotion but the same idea. The answer is no that your name would have to be on the reservation for the Passholder rate. Since you already have a room booked with a different promotion you wouldnt be able to book the AP promotion. So you wouldnt be able to get the Passholder rate for your friends, sorry!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Rob562

Hi Rob, I had asked the same question about a year ago with a different promotion but the same idea. The answer is no that your name would have to be on the reservation for the Passholder rate. Since you already have a room booked with a different promotion you wouldnt be able to book the AP promotion. So you wouldnt be able to get the Passholder rate for your friends, sorry!!! Belle

Thanks, Belle!

-Rob

Upvote 0

wild01ride

Thanks to all who replied! I've been wondering about this same scenario for our upcoming trip in Sept.

Actually, our situation is even a little bit more complicated if anyone thinks they may be able to help, although I think that the answer is the same as Belle gave above:
We are AP holders who will be staying on property using DVC points. We were hoping that we would be able to reserve a room using an AP discount for a relative during the same period.
On one hand, we have a reservation solely through DVC (I know that the WDW Reservations and DVC do not always communicate clearly), but is it possible to still reserve a separate room for two (or four) completely different people?

Thanks again! :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Actually because you have two people it might be a tad bit different. Are you planning on staying at the same resort? That might make a difference, but my thought would be take one of the party and put them under your DVC reservation and have your wife reserve a room for herself under the AP discount with the other people. I am not sure if this would be allowed within two separate resorts however. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom