Passholder FP+ availability date keeps changing...

horizons82

Original Poster
Just wanted to follow up on a comment I made in another post to see if this is happening with anyone else...

I'm a relatively new annual passholder who has NOT stayed at any on-site properties (although I do have a reservation for an on-site stay in September).

For the longest time when I tried to make any FP+ advance arrangements in MDE I simply got a screen with calendar dates that simply said "no one in your party is within the window to make FP+ arrangements"...or something to that effect.

However, a week or so ago I noticed that when I clicked on the blue "My Disney Experience" link I'd get a new front menu page showing tabs to make FP arrangements, dining reservations and to find showtimes.

The blue tab that said "Make Selections" for Fastpass had a little lock logo on it. When I clicked the tab I got a second window that first said I'd be able to start making FP arrangements on April 8.

At first I was quite excited about this thinking that was a date APs might be able to start making FP arrangements on this date.

However, what I come to find out is that every day I visit the page and click on the blue tab to make FP arrangements the date keeps getting pushed back by one day. The next day it said April 9, then the next day April 10, then the next day April 11 and now almost a week later it keeps going back a date and is now at April 15.

So my initial excitement from when I thought we'd get FP+ access starting April 8 as now gone away as every day I check this the date it says FP plans can be made goes up by 1 day every day.

Anyone else experiencing this and any clue what is going on?

Rob562

Sounds like the date given is 60 days from the current date. My guess is that there's a new expansion to the FP+ program being implemented in the very near future, and for the moment the system is just defaulting to giving the end of the 60-day window.

-Rob

horizons82

Original Poster
Thanks for the info Rob...now it kind of makes sense. At first I had thought perhaps it was a date that APs were going to get FP+ access, but in reality it's probably part of the new system just being put into place, especially with the new testing going on. Thanks for the clarification--at least it seems logical rather than thinking it was a glitch :)

MrPromey

I'm as eager as anyone else with an AP to get my hands on my own wristband and to be able to start pre-booking my fastpasses but personally, I'd settle for just being able to use the app in the parks to schedule and adjust my times. With GPS, it seems like this shouldn't be much of an issue since the app already knows when I'm in a park, now.

I hate waiting in line for the kiosks - I don't need help with them or explanation like many tying up the lines seem to - and I'm sure the day guests waiting in line would like me not to be there in front of them in line, too. Seems win-win-win for them, Disney and me. :/

horizons82

Original Poster
I do think that would be a nice idea MrPromey. I agree that as someone who understands how to use the FP+ system it is annoying to have to wait in line to make FP arrangements when I know how to do it on my own or could use MDE once we were in the park even if it were same-day access to FP.

The only way I'd say where your idea falls short is for an AP like me, who sometimes likes to go to the parks later in the afternoon/evening...with no way to make advance arrangements, many attractions I'd want to be able to get a FP for will simply not be available by the time I might arrive into the park. This is the main reason I'm looking forward to getting full access (hopefully soon).

MrPromey

Don't get me wrong, I'll be using the full system to full benefit the moment I can. I'm just saying that if it's still two to three months out from happening, they could throw us a bone and clear a few people out of those FP+ kiosk lines in the process!

I am an annual passholder. I am not participating in the test. I do not have magic bands. BUT I have access to fastpass +. I happened to be playing with website and it allowed me. I have fastpasses for princesses and princes Friday and then for next Friday too. Right now I can book into beginning of April.

CohibaMan

I just downloaded the updated My Disney Experience App for iOS and would you believe that Fastpass+ reservations are now available. I'm pleasantly shocked. There is one problem though; however, I can only make reservations for me and my wife. We are both full APs. For my son we recently purchased a Seasonal pass. By his name it says "Fastpass+ is not available for this guest." Anyone know what gives?

MissM

Holy crap. I was just able to schedule FP+ for Love and I for AK on Saturday on the app. We're Passholders who haven't had a resort stay. Then I was able to change them to MK ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom