Passholder Event: Complimentary Advance Screening of the Disney Film John Carter

prberk

Original Poster
I'm well aware of the film, Andrew's role and the source material and ... I still want to know what makes this something I should be interested in.

The trailers I have seen make this look like just about every CGI film that's come out in the last 3-4 years with almost no plot and battle scenes that look as fake as they are.

I have no interest at all.

Give me a film like The Muppets with characters I care about and heart.

Avengers looks no better, but I'm not a Marvel fanboi.

Hmm. Where have I heard this before?

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Oh, yeah: Walt Disney himself said the exact same thing about why Alice in Wonderland failed.

I wish everyone at the Walt Disney Co. still had to watch or at least know "The Walt Disney Story"... He said it right on that film, which ran forever in the parks, that he learned from the financial failure of "Alice in Wonderland," that their films needed heart and therefore characters whom you cared about.

Films put out in his name should have directors who know what he stood for. (Not sure whether John Carter is that, but any Walt Disney film should be that way.)

ltbeach

I posted on another thread, but thought I might post in this thread too.

I made reservations for 2 for the march 3rd at 10:00. Something has come up and we cannot make the 10:00 screening. Is anyone willing to trade for the 2 or 6 pm screening on Saturday?

Larry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom