Partners Statue Comparison

mickhyperion

Original Poster
Here's a side by side comparison of the Partners Statues at the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. Can anyone see any difference (besides the base and an exposure/sunlight difference in the two shots)?

I can't see any difference so far...

MK: left... Disneyland: right

Attachments

• partners comparison.jpg
    partners comparison.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 262

Sir Hiss527

Is there supposed to be a difference? All I can find is the base different. And also the Disneyland statue looks shiner than WDW. Anybody else see something?

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear"!:king:

mickhyperion

Original Poster
Someone had told me that there is a size difference in the Mickey figures, but I just can't see it. I don't think it's true.

MicBat

Originally posted by mickhyperion
Someone had told me that there is a size difference in the Mickey figures, but I just can't see it. I don't think it's true.

Yeah, I dont see a difference in size between the 2...

Is it just me, or does the WDW look like it's in bad shape??? It looks like it has some sort of powder on it or something.

MKCustodial

If anything differences in the agle of Walt's arm, Mickey's head, and Walt's mouth. But since I can't be sure if the pics were taken from the same position, it could be an optical illusion.

tigsmom

I remember reading that all statues were cast from the same mold. Though one looks like it could use a good polishing.

Lhriangel

Hmmm I have a really good front picture of Partners at DL ... let me post it for you :)

Attachments

• partnersstatuteatdl.jpg
    partnersstatuteatdl.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 149

Mission: SPACE

Personally I cannot see any difference except in the angle of the pics.... this may be why...

Not to drift off topic a lot, but look at the trees in the background at Disneyland and then look at the ones at WDW... I think Disneyland needs to plant some new trees; they look like they're dying!!! I know their oak, but they seem to be on their way out...

FusionAddict

Little Trivia Tidbit...

For those who didn't know...do you know why Walt's holding his hand out like that in those statues? In the picture the statue was designed from, he's standing in an Orange Grove, outlining the area the Anaheim Park is going up in...with his daughter holding one hand...and a Lucky Strike in the other.

That's right...Walt was a chain smoker.

So take those "designated smoking areas" and shove 'em.

MKCustodial

Re: Little Trivia Tidbit...

Originally posted by FusionAddict
For those who didn't know...do you know why Walt's holding his hand out like that in those statues? In the picture the statue was designed from, he's standing in an Orange Grove, outlining the area the Anaheim Park is going up in...with his daughter holding one hand...and a Lucky Strike in the other.

Indeed, he was a chain smoker, and that's what eventually killed him. So the designated smoke areas are one of the best legacies he could leave for his Guests.

BigNorm

I don't see a difference in the two. Thanks for that little tidbit FusionAddict, I knew Walt Disney was a chain smoker, but I had never noticed his fingers. Also I agree with your assertion about the smoking areas!

One more thing, I have a question, not meaning to thread drift but it's kinda on topic: Is there a Minnie and Roy statue @ Disneyland like the one in the MK @ WDW?

The one in MK WDW has walt standing in a different stance, if you look at it a bit, you can see the difference in the main axis angles, such as mickeys head, also the difference in walts legs and arm. His feet appear angled differently. The difference in finish is simple, its just a power coat on the "darker" areas of clothing and skin and such, walts skin and mickey's shorts are left the polished bronze. Wow...architecture classes do pay off.

JLW11Hi

Re: Little Trivia Tidbit...

Originally posted by FusionAddict

That may be part of the reason he is doing that, but from what I was told his arm is outstretched "welcoming" everyone to his park, as he often did when he visited, greeting everyone he could.

That's probably why they chose that picture to use as a reference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom