Participating In Parade

jazzylsu

Original Poster
WE ARE LEAVING FOR DISNEYWORLD IN 10 DAYS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW A FAMILY IS PICKED TO RIDE IN A PARADE. MY 9 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS MENTIONED THAT SHE WOULD LOVE TO DO THIS AND I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN FOR HER.

Pixie Duster

I know you had no clue, but just wanted to let you know that typing in ALL CAPS is considered yelling in the world of internet, if not yelling, at least calling for major attention...

Anyway, there is no science to the picking for the parade. I suggest you just enjoy your day and not worry about being picked it is completely spontaneous and luck driven.

Jajo

We've been many times and never been in the parade. I've often wondered if there was a special place to wait to be picked or even a cast member to see.

When I was little I was picked to be in the Flag ceremony in Liberty Square and in the Golden Horseshoe Revue in the same trip but both of those are gone.

twirl2378

When I went a year ago they told me that the randomly pick the people going into the park around the first hour they open. I had did have a cool experience once during a trip. When the parade started I had gotten on the train to go to toontown and we had stop for one of the floats to go by for the parade. The tracks coincide with the entrance from back stage area to where the parade starts. When we started up again we got very close to all the floats and the characters waved :)wave:) to all of us on the train. I felt so special! Hope you have fun! I'll be there next Saturday and Sunday too !:sohappy:

The Mom

Premium Member
A couple of wdwmagic members have been in the parade, and as I recall, they were chosen at random. HOWEVER, I got the impression that having an upbeat, enthusiastic appearance helped to make them stand out from the crowd. I suspect that they don't choose people who are in a bad mood coming in the gates. ;)

Mission: SPACE

I got to be a grand marshall on my birthday last year. I was picked while on the Keys to the Kingdom tour, when the man noticed it was my birthday.

If you really want to try and get a spot as grand marshall for your child, go to City Hall first thing in the morning and explain that it is your child's greatest desire to be a grand marshall in the parade, and I'm sure they'll do the best they can for you!

wdwfan22

Originally posted by Mission: SPACE
I got to be a grand marshall on my birthday last year. I was picked while on the Keys to the Kingdom tour, when the man noticed it was my birthday.

If you really want to try and get a spot as grand marshall for your child, go to City Hall first thing in the morning and explain that it is your child's greatest desire to be a grand marshall in the parade, and I'm sure they'll do the best they can for you!

Going to City Hall and begging will get you nothing.

mikesenger

I'm just jealous of those who get picked, since its never me. One time at MGM, the other 4 members of my family got to be in Superstar television. I just had to watch:(

mikesenger

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by wdwfan22
Going to City Hall and begging will get you nothing.

that is correct... the guests that are chosen are rarely the ones that ask... it is meant as a surprise for the chosen guests, not something they give away to anyone who asks

Disneynut

Well, my other half and I were asked to be in the parade at MK last year. The only problem . . . . . we had a flight at 4:00 pm back home. I was so disappointed but thats the way the cookie crumbles. BTW, we were walking down Main St. and asked a Cast Member to take our picture and then she asked us about being in the parade.

se8472

Yeah I am told that is where it happens when the MK lets people in its parades...

SO just camp out on main street all day :D

VacationMan

Years Ago, MK Had a BIRTHDAY PARTY event, where you could sign up in advance (like a tour), and participate. The event had a special bus, and preceeded the parade (one of the double deckers). with all the people participating. You were then brought back to one of the empty dinning areas (by the Dole Whips) and treated to your own small birthday cake, character greets, as well as other little extras.

My daughter loved it... Its a shame they decided to stop it.

tigger1968

Two years ago, my wife and I were picked to be in the parade. I had simply asked a CM for a map so I could get times for the day. We had a nice conversation about our trip, and how we come back every year. We were asked why we keep coming back, and we replied "Because something magical always seems to happen to us every trip." The CM smiled, and after a pause, asked us if we would like to be the Grand Marshals that day. We rode in an antique car, followed by another family in a stagecoach. It was truly one of the most amazing experiences of our lives. Oh, and we got personalized Mouse Ears and a certificate!

You may have noticed I'm rather vague about a few of the details, like the CM's name, gender, location, and costume. That's on purpose. We have not given the name of the CM out to anyone, and I don't intend to. We had a very interesting conversation regarding the lengths people have gone to to get a child in the parade. I heard about bribes of cash, gifts, begging, pleading, you name it. All are refused. That's not the way to do it. The CM did mention one occaision where a father asked about it because his daughter was dying of cancer, and they granted her wish. At any rate, this CM was one of the nicest, most sincere people I have ever met, parade or no parade. We feel that revealing any more info would be ruining part of that magic the brings us back every year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom