Parks and Dining

ajmellu7

Original Poster
Hi all, was wondering if you could help. I know we are a long way off, but we are coming over next August for 3 weeks and staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge. I was looking ahead at meals and booking them when the time comes, but, unless I am wrong, we are currently in a position where we have book which park we are going to each day and that is the only park you are allowed to go in that day. So, I would have to book a restaurant in the park that we have booked for the day? Is that correct? I know things may change, but am I right in thinking this at the moment? Thanks in advance!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
This is the current policy ~
If you do not have the park hopper option on your tickets then yes, you would need to book dining in the park where you have your park reservation.

If you have park hoppers, you can visit another park after 2 pm (as long as you’ve tapped in to the initial park with the reservation) and you would be able to have a dining reservation (after 2 pm) in a different park.

Protocols may change (or not) by August 2022, so check back as your trip gets closer.

JIMINYCR

Animal Kingdom usually has shorter hours throughout the year than the other parks, closing at 6 or 7 pm. So you should also consider the option of booking a dinner at a restaurant in DS. Even if you stayed til AK closed you still could travel to DS and dine at a reasonable hour. Your choices for a wonderful meal are better and you still have the entertainment and shopping at DS to keep you going well into the evening.

ajmellu7

Original Poster
Thanks for this guys. I am guessing I have the park hopper option, it’s a 14 day pass we have bought in the UK. We are staying club level anyway, but obviously want to be out and about having meals. Hopefully there will not be the booking for parks and hopping will be back on the cards by august 22 anyway!

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks for this guys. I am guessing I have the park hopper option, it’s a 14 day pass we have bought in the UK. We are staying club level anyway, but obviously want to be out and about having meals. Hopefully there will not be the booking for parks and hopping will be back on the cards by august 22 anyway!
The U.K. tickets are hoppers.

So you could book dinner at any park, resort or Disney Springs. For lunch you might want to look at the park you have a reservation for or a nearby resort. Don’t ignore the three restaurants at AKL either!

crawale

Hi all, was wondering if you could help. I know we are a long way off, but we are coming over next August for 3 weeks and staying in Animal Kingdom Lodge. I was looking ahead at meals and booking them when the time comes, but, unless I am wrong, we are currently in a position where we have book which park we are going to each day and that is the only park you are allowed to go in that day. So, I would have to book a restaurant in the park that we have booked for the day? Is that correct? I know things may change, but am I right in thinking this at the moment? Thanks in advance!
You can book the dining reservation for any park and then if you have a park hopper ticket can go to that park after the park where you have a park reservation. We visited in June and often had dinner at Epcot after another park where we had a park reservation. I asked what would happen if the second park was full and we were not able to 'hop' and was told to go to guest services in that case to avoid the reservation charge for not showing up or maybe you could get in anyway. All park passes had gone for our visit yet we were always able to park hop.

tpoly88

The U.K. tickets are hoppers.

So you could book dinner at any park, resort or Disney Springs. For lunch you might want to look at the park you have a reservation for or a nearby resort. Don’t ignore the three restaurants at AKL either!
yes i agree the 3 restaurants in the AKL are great. they also have the best club level food on disney property. Also check out Il mulino for dinner at the swan as you can take the boat there from HS or Epcot (or walk) and take a quick uber back to AKL. lunch make sure you get out of the heat for a little bit as august in FL, they usually will have nighttime hours at the parks so you can take a break midday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom