Parking Questions

Gartdog

Heading to WDW soon and staying off property for the first time. As such, I will be driving (and parking) for the first time. I know you can show your parking receipt from one park and park at another on the same day, but is the same true for Downtown Disney? Does anyone know the current price to park at the theme parks? Any tips or tricks?

Also, if we wanted to check out some of the resort hotels, does anyone know I good way to park there? I assume you can say you were eating at one of the restaurants, but will the parking attendant ask for proof of priority seating?

Thanks

brent2124

Heading to WDW soon and staying off property for the first time. As such, I will be driving (and parking) for the first time. I know you can show your parking receipt from one park and park at another on the same day, but is the same true for Downtown Disney? Does anyone know the current price to park at the theme parks? Any tips or tricks?

Also, if we wanted to check out some of the resort hotels, does anyone know I good way to park there? I assume you can say you were eating at one of the restaurants, but will the parking attendant ask for proof of priority seating?

Thanks
Parking is free at DTD and all resorts. Its $12 to park at the theme parks and you will get a card to place on your dash with the date printed on it. If you want to save money you can park at DTD and get a bus from there to the parks, but htis can be very timely and a hassle.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Parking is free at DTD and all resorts. Its $12 to park at the theme parks and you will get a card to place on your dash with the date printed on it. If you want to save money you can park at DTD and get a bus from there to the parks, but htis can be very timely and a hassle.

There is no direct transportation between Downtown Disney and the theme parks. People parking there and bussing to the parks to avoid the parking fees is the main reason direct bus service was discontinued.

And to the OP, you can park and visit the resorts just by saying you want to look around. No proof of dining reservations is necessary. At some of them (MK and Epcot area resorts, mostly) you'll be given a 3-hour parking pass. And as you said you're going during the holiday season, you can almost guarantee that Disney will be policing those lots and towing cars parked for too long. (If it were the slow season, there's less of an issue)

-Rob

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

If you want to save money you can park at DTD and get a bus from there to the parks, but htis can be very timely and a hassle.

:mad: This is frowned upon :mad: - it prevents guests who wish to utilise the facilities at DTD from parking for free. For those who want to save money by not paying for parking at the parks WALK - don't infringe on the rights of others

Upvote 0

Gartdog

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I had no intention of parking at DTD or a resort and trying to save money that way. What I was trying to ask is "Does DTD have a parking fee and if so, does your theme park parking receipt work there too?", but I got all those answers. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Thanks
Simply tell them that you wanted to visit the resorts. This is incredibly common especially around Christmas. They will typically give you a 3 hour parking pass. If you are traveling the week of Christmas you might run into a little trouble at the monorail resorts as they will be at 100% occupancy and parking can be quite limited. Worst case you will have to park at the TTC and take the monorail to the 3 monorail resorts.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Simply tell them that you wanted to visit the resorts. This is incredibly common especially around Christmas. They will typically give you a 3 hour parking pass. If you are traveling the week of Christmas you might run into a little trouble at the monorail resorts as they will be at 100% occupancy and parking can be quite limited. Worst case you will have to park at the TTC and take the monorail to the 3 monorail resorts.

Quite honestly, if you wanted to visit more than one of the monorail resorts, this would be faster anyway.

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom