Parking fee

John park hopper

He’s referring to the fact that the parking fee differs for value, moderate and deluxe resorts.
[/QxUOTE]

The deluxe resorts use more pix dust in the asphalt used to pave the parking lot that's why you pay more. Last visit just told the gate guard we had reservations waved us through. They did ask at the desk if we drove. Funny the parking lot was 50% empty

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Just wanted to add, that in stays at 2 different resorts (not POFQ), we told the guard we were checking in, no one ever asked at the front desk, and we were not charged for parking for either stay. So it's really not consistent.
Did you drive throughout the course of your stay, or just park the car once and leave it there? I would imagine that the system might not "know" that you're parking if you don't ever scan back in through the gate with your MagicBand.

COProgressFan

Did you drive throughout the course of your stay, or just park the car once and leave it there? I would imagine that the system might not "know" that you're parking if you don't ever scan back in through the gate with your MagicBand.

We drove in and out during our stays. Usually through the gated lane where we scanned our band, but occasionally with the guard.

I guess we've been really lucky with this. I'm guessing it won't happen for our upcoming trip in April.

psuchad

So what this sounds like is that as long as you have a hotel reservation you would be able to park for free in the parks. Or is it that the system has you marked as paying for parking at the resort, but the billing is never sent to the front desk?

CaptainAmerica

So what this sounds like is that as long as you have a hotel reservation you would be able to park for free in the parks. Or is it that the system has you marked as paying for parking at the resort, but the billing is never sent to the front desk?
If you have a hotel reservation, parking at the parks is free.

Parking at the resort has a nightly fee. Whether or not you go to the parks is irrelevant. The resorts are inconsistent with whether you'll actually be charged accurately, but it is unclear why that is (system issue, human error at the front desk, etc.)

Hockey89

What is LIFE like living so angry and frustrated, it has to kind of suck, do you even enjoy your time when you go to Disney or do you just point out all the negatives
So you lie. I can’t imagine being you. Trying to screw the single rider. Trying to screw the DDP. The worst type

bethram

I asked about the parking fee when I checked out of CBR in January, I was told that the guard made note of us driving in when we first arrived at the resort. We had checked in online before we arrived. I guess it depends on the guard and how busy they are since you typically can’t scan your Magic band at the right hand gate until you’ve used it to unlock your room, or do I’ve been told.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom