Parking Fee for On-Property Guests

BMinNY

Hi everyone!

I have a quick question. I think I have seen this question and the answer before, but I am less than impressed with my travel agent, so I am just hoping to get some "up to the minute" information here...

The Situation: My family and I are staying at the Pop Century Resort for 9 days in July. We plan on renting a car, as we are going to venture off property (grocery store, character warehouse, outlet shopping, etc). We also figured we might use the car to go to the parks, as I know I have read other guests saying that very often that is a faster means of transportation.

The Question: Will we be charged to park at the parks, seeing as we are staying "on-property"? I know in the past I have been able to park for free in the same situation. My travel agent says we are going to be charged "like, $9.00 a day" to park at the parks, and that this policy is new in the last couple of years.

Can anyone who has recently been to WDW answer this question for me?

Thanks in advance for the great advice I know I am going to get!

tigsmom

Actually we are using AAA. My sister made our reservations through them, and they have been a nightmare. The AAA travel agent actually argued with me about renting a car, telling me that I was on the dining plan, so I had no need to leave the resort. I LOVE DISNEY, but c'mon, there are things in the Orlando area besides Disney.

Thanks to everyone for verifying what I was already pretty sure of!

AAA (at least in my region in NY) makes the reservations thru the Disney Travel Agency same as if you do it yourself; I know this because we were on a 3 way call dealing with a package change.
It sounds to me like you got somebody who really shouldn't be dealing with people or just didn't want to do the extra work, my experience with them making travel arrangements have been nothing but good. :shrug:

You could (should really) let AAA know about this so action can be taken to correct the problem.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

Actually we are using AAA. My sister made our reservations through them, and they have been a nightmare. The AAA travel agent actually argued with me about renting a car, telling me that I was on the dining plan, so I had no need to leave the resort. I LOVE DISNEY, but c'mon, there are things in the Orlando area besides Disney.

Thanks to everyone for verifying what I was already pretty sure of!

We used AAA for our Dec trip. NEVER AGAIN! She messed up on so many things.

Anyway, I can't add anything more than what everyone already said. Hope you have a great trip!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

The AAA travel agent actually argued with me about renting a car, telling me that I was on the dining plan, so I had no need to leave the resort. I LOVE DISNEY, but c'mon, there are things in the Orlando area besides Disney.

Tell me about it, people think just because you have the dining or are going to disney you shouldn't leave the property. I like to rent a car sometimes for a few days, sometimes for the whole time I'm there. I like doing other things, namely shopping and such. I know not everyone agrees with getting a car, but I like one and it's what I want to do.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom