Parking at the Contemporary Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeblentz

Original Poster
My family and I have reservations for breakfast at the Contemporary Resort. Can we park our car directly at the hotel and then jump the monorail to the park? If so, how can I get driving directions to the hotel? Thanks in advance for your help.

vfxpro

zeblentz said:
My family and I have reservations for breakfast at the Contemporary Resort. Can we park our car directly at the hotel and then jump the monorail to the park? If so, how can I get driving directions to the hotel? Thanks in advance for your help.

You can park directly at the resort for your breakfast, however they frown upon parking there all day so you can hop into the park. Most times they give you a colored pass that gives you a time frame you are allowed to park there. I've never seen them tow anyone, so I'm sure you'd be ok regardless of what you do.

As for driving directions head toward the Magic Kingdom toll plaza. Be in the furthest allowed lane to the right. Head down the road, you will pass a few lights and drive underneath a water bridge. By then you will see the Contemporary and just stop at the guard shack.. Have a fun breakfast!:sohappy:

tigsmom

They really don't like you parking there all day, you will get a limited time parking pass. The lots at the resorts are for guests of that resort. Why risk being towed? (yes I've seen tow trucks in the parking lots). Park at the TTC and take the monorail over to the Contemporary. Then you can monorail over to the park and then to the TTC when you are ready to leave.

Also, when you check in with the guard (should you decide to try the resort's lot) they will ask for your name & time of your reservations to make sure you are on the daily list.

lamarvenoy

This is a can of worms, morally its wrong-can you get away with it, yes. Its really a question of ethics and this has been the source of several heated discussions. -please just leave it at that.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

It makes me mad when people park at the Contemporary then decide hey let's go to the Magic Kingdom. I don't care if they are going just to eat because anyone going to WDW has that right, however speaking as someone who always stays at the Contempoary it's a huge in convience when half or even most of the parking spaces are taken up by not staying at the Contemporary, there for inconviencing guests at the Contempoary. I am sure there are some honest people who go there just to eat then leave, but the CM working security there should do something about the cars that stay all day because they are at the Magic Kingdom. My suggestion is this. If a family goes for lunch at 12:00 PM at the Concourse Steakhouse & their licence plate number is taken down by the CM working the security gate. If their car is still parked at the Contemporary at 5:00 PM, then WDW should have the car towed. I mean it doesn't take that long to eat lunch there & there are usually no waits of an hour or more for lunch. Yes I know it may upset a lot of people & I am sure some of you hear won't agree with me, but the Contemporary has to take this situation seriously & this would show that they are. I have always thought the Contemporary should have seperate parking for guests & non guests, because at peak times around 7:00, 8:00 & 9:00 PM a lot of spots are taken up by people not staying there & spaces closer to the front become avaible after 10:30 PM, but whats the point of moving your car closer to the front (unless you were checking out the next day & wanted to leave as fast as possible to maybe the airport) if you plan on going out early the next morning?

zeblentz

Original Poster
Thanks for the great advice. It sounds like this is a no brainer. I hope all three of our cars can get a parking spot close to the resort. I plan to make reservations at Contemporary for the other seven days of our vacation. This must be one of the best kept secrets at WDW. Thanks again. :wave:

psuchad

We did the breakfast thing a couple of years ago and found that leaving the Contemporary and getting the the TTC was much more difficult than it should be.

Main Street Jim

Park at the TTC, take the resort Monorail to the Contemporary.

Take the resort Monorail to the MK after breakfast.

Take the resort Monorail from MK back to TTC after your day in the park.

DisneyJill

zeblentz said:
Thanks for the great advice. It sounds like this is a no brainer. I hope all three of our cars can get a parking spot close to the resort. I plan to make reservations at Contemporary for the other seven days of our vacation. This must be one of the best kept secrets at WDW. Thanks again. :wave:

Are you serious? Speaking from experience as a former CM at the Contemporary, they DO tow and the lot DOES fill up and it doesn't help anyone when people leave their cars there all day. :rolleyes:

There is a lot in front of the South wing that guests don't always know about. Sometimes I had to park all the way over there when the North lot was full.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Once again I say there should be seperate parking for guests & non guests. I know some WDW Resorts have that, so why not the Contemporary?

Mr.Pickles

Account Suspended
Mr.Pickles loves to stay at the Comtemporary resort. Its Mr.Pickles preferred resort. But Mr.Pickles is a DVC member and when he does not stay there, he will make reservations at a dining spot and when head over to the Magic Kingdom for a bit. Mr.Pickles just can't share a monorail car with the unwashed masses.:D Mr.Pickles has done this countless time over the years and NEVER had his car towed, but Mr.Pickles does not condone this behavior, but Mr.Pickles will continue to be this.:lol:

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles loves to stay at the Comtemporary resort. Its Mr.Pickles preferred resort. But Mr.Pickles is a DVC member and when he does not stay there, he will make reservations at a dining spot and when head over to the Magic Kingdom for a bit. Mr.Pickles just can't share a monorail car with the unwashed masses.:D Mr.Pickles has done this countless time over the years and NEVER had his car towed, but Mr.Pickles does not condone this behavior, but Mr.Pickles will continue to be this.:lol:
From what you said you don't want to share a Monorail car with other people, so you will walk to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary there by leaving your car there. Well what makes you so special that you can't go on the Monorail with other people? Also no matter how you say it your still wrong & if you ask me you come off as a snob saying you don't want to take the Monorail because other people will be in the car. How do you walk around the Theme Parks & stand in line with the "unwashed masses"?

Mr.Pickles

Account Suspended
WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
How do you walk around the Theme Parks & stand in line with the "unwashed masses"?

Mr.Pickles does not wait in line, Mr.Pickles will send one of his manservents to fetch him a fastpass or wait in line for him.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

I think Mr.Pickles should stop refering to himself as the 3rd person & stop talking like a snob. If you don't want to be around other people, then I suggest not to go on vacation to Walt Disney World.

bluefaery

zeblentz said:

My fiance and I had breakfast reservations at ohana and thought about keeping our car there at the resort all day. When we got to the poly we saw a tow truck towing a car off and that changed out minds REAL fast. I wouldn't suggest it but that is your choice.

bluefaery

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
I think Mr.Pickles should stop refering to himself as the 3rd person & stop talking like a snob. If you don't want to be around other people, then I suggest not to go on vacation to Walt Disney World.

I agree on ALL counts.

MickeyTigg

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:

He's obviously kidding...lighten up.

vfxpro

Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles does not wait in line, Mr.Pickles will send one of his manservents to fetch him a fastpass or wait in line for him.

Is Mr. Pickles aware of the pickles they serve to the unwashed masses as a source of nutrition at MK and as ornaments in World Showcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom