Parking at a different resort for the day.

raugust

Original Poster
My wife and I will be staying at the G.F. for the week. She has a handicap and we will be using the valet parking for our stay. My question is, we have a 5:15 PM dinner reservation at W.L. during our stay, and plan on having breakfast at the Roaring Fork, walking around the W.L then catching a W.L. resort bus to Disney Springs, spend the day and returning to W.L. for our dinner reservation for Artist Point, retrieving our car after dinner and then going back to G.F. Will this present a problem as far as the parking goes. I would drive the car to D.S. but because of the reconstruction this seems to be highly discouraged. Thanks for any advice.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just tell the guard at the gatehouse you are having breakfast at the resort. Unless there's something special going on, they won't care. Unlike the GF, there is no separate parking area for non-resort visitors. And no one goes around checking the cars parked in the resort parking lot. Sometimes I get a parking pass when checking in, sometimes I don't. I think the only resort lot they get picky about is Contemporary/Bay Lake Towers.

You will enjoy walking around WL - the resort is beautifully decorated at Christmas and the tree in the lobby beats the one at the GF, IMHO. But no resort , I must admit, smells as wonderful as the GF lobby. Especially once the gingerbread house is up.

DisneyFans4Life

As LAKid said...just let the guard know you're parking for breakfast, show them your ID and you'll be fine. I don't blame you for not wanting to drive over to DS.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you are using valet, there is no issue no matter which resort you park at.

That being said, what everyone else said is correct. Even self parking for the day at WL is rarely an issue.

raugust

Original Poster
Just tell the guard at the gatehouse you are having breakfast at the resort. Unless there's something special going on, they won't care. Unlike the GF, there is no separate parking area for non-resort visitors. And no one goes around checking the cars parked in the resort parking lot. Sometimes I get a parking pass when checking in, sometimes I don't. I think the only resort lot they get picky about is Contemporary/Bay Lake Towers.

You will enjoy walking around WL - the resort is beautifully decorated at Christmas and the tree in the lobby beats the one at the GF, IMHO. But no resort , I must admit, smells as wonderful as the GF lobby. Especially once the gingerbread house is up.

Thank you very much. We did walk around the W.L. once, when it first opened and ate at Artist Point. My wife loved it and that's why we're going back. Never saw it with the Christmas decorations and we are very excited to do so this trip. Thanks again for your response..

raugust

Original Poster
If you are using valet, there is no issue no matter which resort you park at.

That being said, what everyone else said is correct. Even self parking for the day at WL is rarely an issue.

Thank you. I knew that I get a quick reply, that's why this forum has been my go to for many years, 18 days and counting !!

raugust

Original Poster
I think they run a boat to and from. At least they do from the campground to all the other resorts.

I believe that you would have to take a boat (or the monorail) from the GF to the Magic Kingdom and then take a boat from the MK to the WL and reverse the procedure to return at the end of the day as opposed to a 10 minute maximum car ride. I could be wrong, but I believe that is how it works. It would be an easy procedure if the dinner was a the Poly, but, alas, it is not.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom