parkhopper, any other costs?

lillady

I wanted to be sure before I planned accordingly. If we buy parkhopper passes......is that it as far as costs for entries goes? I mean are there any hidden costs, for things a person might want to ride/view while in the four major parks, or does park hopper cover it all?

Dwarful

park hopper passes

If you buy the 4-5 day park hopper passes that gets you into the 4 major parks. thats what we always buy. We don't go to the water parks, however if you want the water parks then you have to upgrade to the park hopper plus passes. But once you are in the only things you pay for are food, drinks, personal things like that. there is no other charge for the rides, shows, parades etc. Have fun! We go in May...can't wait!

Upvote 0

mej

We always buy a 7 day hopper plus - even if we know we won't use all the days. It works out cheaper in the long run as the days don't expire and we can use them next time around.

Upvote 0

DanStat

Remember...

Remember that there are different "levels" for the hopper.

1.) Park Hopper - this includes ONLY the 4 parks
2.) Park Hopper PLUS! - this includes all 4 parks AND 3 water parks AND Pleasue Island
3.) Ultimate Park Hopper - this includes all of the above and DisneyQuest, and the Wide World of Sports.

Upvote 0

lillady

Original Poster
Mej,

I was leaning toward the 7 day park hopper plus tickets too....do you happen to know if let's say I use up my 7 days to the theme parks....and still have 4 of the plus features left
so will those save, those 4 plus features? I mean I'm afraid if we go in January the waterparks will be closed.....
thanks

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

You get 7 theme park days and 4 option (plus) days. All of which never expire. So if you go to the theme parks for 7 days you still have 4 days to use for options.

Upvote 0

mej

Yep - we have park days and water days left to use from last year.(Plus water days that my parents didn't use when they were with us!!)

Upvote 0

Pan

Rather than a 7 day Hopper Pass consider getting an annual pass, even if you're making just the one trip assuming you will go into the parks at least 7 days while you are there. It doesn't cost much more than the 7 day Park Hopper Plus Pass (maybe 40 or 50 dollars) plus being an annual pass holder can get you some great discounts in the resorts like 40% off.

Upvote 0

lillady

Original Poster
wow, ok Pan I'll have to check that out.
I remember reading briefly about annual passes.....and how I'd really only need one to get the discount
How would I find out what discounts I'd get beforehand to make sure it was worth it?

Upvote 0

Tramp

...before you buy the Parkhopper Plus, sit down and do some simple arithmetic and ticket comparison to make sure you're not going to pay extra for something you won't use...

...if you only go to the water parks once or twice it may be less expensive to buy the basic Parkhopper and purchase the tickets for the water parks separately...

also, we always buy annual passes cuz we go for three weeks in the summer....then we time the following year's vacation so we can get three more weeks out of the same tickets...our daily entry cost is usually less than $10 a day doing it this way. I think the breakeven point for the annual pass vs. other tickets is 7 days...so if you use the ticket next year too, you've hit the jackpot. keep in mind that there are different levels of annual passes also.

..bottom line is ya gotta get the prices of each ticket and what amenities you get with them...and go from there.

Upvote 0

Pan

Very sound advice from Tramp as usual. The problem with getting the resort discounts is that they keep them secret until about 2-3 mo before you're going. You can find out about this summer, but will have to wait on the fall/winter rates. Also I believe I heard the discounted rates are usually more available in the off season. We bought an annual pass for our recent 10 day trip and it worked well. We tried to get a room discount at PO-Riverside but the only moderate resorts offered was CB. If you're flexible this is alright. Luckily we already had a great rate, just $5 more per night then the annual pass rate, thanks to some of the great deals they have been offering since the economy has slowed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom