Park Updates.

Sped2424

Original Poster
So I got to go to the parks today and I have some photo updates and stories I want to share with you guys. Splash is down and covered in scaffoldings so I guess it isn't just a refurb to save some money by having it down. There is still a weird blue scaffolding in adventureland. There is pavement work being done in front of the place on main street where they give out buttons, the name escapes me at the moment. The tiki rooms exterior is being worked on and is behind scaffoldings. Work is also being done by the road near frontierland where everyone smokes near the boat house by haunted mansion, seems like Pavement work. Fast pass was readily available all over today and the time was 4:30 when I entered with fastpasses for big thunder and space being available at 6:30 so everyone worrying about all the fastpasses being gone fret not. Now onto the photo's I took.
tumblr_mz9u1wD0631rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Yankee trader is beginning to get Haunted Mansion stuff everywhere
tumblr_mz9tbxiloz1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

I haven't seen anywhere on here discussing this but the Spice Road restaurant is open and its quite beautiful, here is the Menu.
tumblr_mz9tcgi1Lb1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Here is the seating
tumblr_mz9tcyyyP81rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mz9td5YJI61rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Here is the entrance, there is a beautiful water wheel in the back and a nice wine setup! The place really is nice and for illuminations it seems perfect.
tumblr_mz9tf3tnvK1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Took this nice one of the Norway area, last time to meet Anna and Elsa was at 6:50, I was here at 8:15 and folks were still waiting to meet the characters from that time slot, insane.
Also went on spaceship earth for the first time, Fantastic ride and all of the effects seemed to be working, I think I found a new favorite! However some HD projectors would be nice at the beginning of the ride as that segment is very dim. Also went to the Grand Floridian for the first time ever and goodness I see what the fuss is about. That place is spectacular, I could spend a whole day there happily without ever setting foot in a park.
Onto Magic Kingdom
Going through the little Mermaid queue only reminds me how lackluster the ride is in comparison to the line.
tumblr_mz9tgjB3K81rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Saw this statue in the room with Scuttle and I had never noticed it before, it's hidden away in a dark corner and I had to use my flash to actually see it in detail. Also Scuttle in that room looks like he needs a little TLC, the paint is chipping off the end of his beak and his eyes look a little less expressive. I say give this ride a month refurb like DCA's is supposed to get and fix all the issues.
Now for the Mine train which was testing today round the clock!
tumblr_mz9tmeLH5u1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Photo of the carts testing
tumblr_mz9tmpBrtn1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

The urge to climb these rocks and take pictures was strong, but common sense said don't do it so I listened.
tumblr_mz9tmzG3aw1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

They are getting ready to do the dry wall or whatever the wall is made out of for snow's cottage and the mountain is mostly painted save for the bottom part.
tumblr_mz9tn4jDwM1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Hopefully getting ready for grass soon^
tumblr_mz9tnbqVtY1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mz9tngY1gx1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mz9tnrzeE61rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

The entrance sign/wishing well finally has its panels on top of it and seems to be ready.
tumblr_mz9tomGZHp1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

This was flowing ever so slightly so water is still being worked on^
tumblr_mz9totVYEx1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mz9tpegD3m1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Really obvious life raft which is super out of place, I hope that is gone by opening day. Also the stair aren't painted yet.
tumblr_mz9tpqUM351rb3d4bo1_500.jpg

Nice rock work by the drop.
tumblr_mz9v8luld71rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

Vultures in the background!r

tumblr_mz9v66c26W1rb3d4bo1_1280.jpg

well that's it folks!

Sped2424

Original Poster
thank you for the update! mine train looks good can not wait to ride it! I might be blind but i can not see scuttle in the picture lol
You're not blind! I just didn't take a pic of scuttle! I should have though! Next time for sure!

Sped2424

Original Poster
tumblr_mzbgjxgrGB1rb3d4bo1_500.jpg

went back today with a friend, ucf football and fans were all in abundance today and that was awesome! Anyways I mentioned scuttle's beak was chipped and here it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom