Park Transportation for a 7 yr old

Sharon L

mrtoad said:
Good places for naps (if they will take one are) CoP, TTA, Hall of Presidents. Anything, theatre type attracion will do.

And yes the pool will help. If you can get one of the Monorail resorts that will be easier as it is close enough and you can still get back for more park later.
Actually, my husband finds those shows to be great for a nap.

Sharon L

mrtoad said:
Can't tell if you are being witty (the nap is for yous husband right). :)
My husband fell asleep during CoP and American Adventure during our last trip. Our son has never fallen asleep during any ride or show.

Raven66

We took our daughter for the first time when she was 5. She did great. We were worried about the separation that might happen with the big crowds. We almost did the harness thing. Anyway, what we did last time and this time is we start taking long walks about a month before we leave to get her legs ready for the walking. We do normal walking but we go to the track by our house and walk that. By the time we get there she is ready to go. :) Epcot was a lot of walking, but I couldn't get mad at her for complaining, because I complained a lot too. :lookaroun :D I kept telling my husband that I needed a stroller. :lol:

welcome to the boards!! :wave:

C&Z'SMOM

I agree that the need for a stroller is based on each individual kid, however, your 7 year old probably won' t need or want one. Even though there is a lot of walking, all the sitting at shows, rides, meals, etc. provides enough break. When we went last time, my daughter was 4 1/2 and my son was 2. He used a stroller, and she made it the whole time without one! This time, she will be 7 and he will be almost 5. I hope he is as good as she was! I am not taking a stroller at all this time, and I am going to miss the storage for sweatshirts, coats, etc.!!

maelstrom

Well, I don't know your child, but I'd say that 99% of the time, a stroller for a 7 year old is bordering on.. very very silly. I realize that not all kids are the same, and some have a hard time standing/walking for a long time, etc, but I think that by 7 they should be able to walk around WDW all day and be fine. I did it when I was 2, so I may be a bit biased. If your child gets tired of walking, there's plenty of places to sit down, cool off, have a soda, etc. When I got tired (well, actually, it ended up being "exercise" induced asthma, but we didn't know it yet), I just sat down wherever I happened to be. :D

Scooter

I think there are several reasons why someone might have their 7, 8, 9 or 10 year olds in a stroller.

1) To avoid the whining and confrontations
2) They like the storage areas in the strollers
3) For Safety Reasons...To keep a better eye on their child
4) He or she might be a Special needs child and require the use of one.

Whatever the reasons...It's the parents that choose to put their children in strollers and since I'm not a part of thir family, and since I don't know the reasons or situations, I choose not to judge these familys.

As long as they don't ram the strollers into me...cuz if they do... :mad: THEN they get the evil eye.

mrtoad

Scooter said:
I think there are several reasons why someone might have their 7, 8, 9 or 10 year olds in a stroller.

1) To avoid the whining and confrontations
2) They like the storage areas in the strollers
3) For Safety Reasons...To keep a better eye on their child
4) He or she might be a Special needs child and require the use of one.

Whatever the reasons...It's the parents that choose to put their children in strollers and since I'm not a part of thir family, and since I don't know the reasons or situations, I choose not to judge these familys.

As long as they don't ram the strollers into me...cuz if they do... :mad: THEN they get the evil eye.

I agree, you can't judge when you have no idea of the situation.

As for the raming of the strollers. I did not ram anyone on our trip but could see it happening and not even be the pushers fault. When the park is crowded and the crowd stops you can't always stop in top. It can be like sardines and it could happen. Now if there is no one around and you get ramed, then yes I would be upset too...

raven

I say it all depends on your kid. You know them better than anyone else. But just be aware that there will be people that think its a little rediculas to see someone that old still needing a stroller when there are tons of other kids their age walking just fine. Personally, I never used a stoller after the age of 4. I was walking everywhere all the time. I think kids nowadays though are used to sitting infront of the TV and not getting the excersise that we used to when we were kids.

mrtoad

aimster said:
Well, this is the opinion of a 30 year old woman who has no intention of ever having kids so....

Heh.

That was not directed at you in particular. I was just saying I don't think people should judge others for what they do in anything not just this situation. Obviously there are exceptions to judge people (if they commit crimes), but other than that I think it is best not to judge others is all.

luvorlando

If you get there and think that your kid may be a bit happier getting off his feet for a while, then by all means, rent a stroller. Who the heck cares what other people think about it. It's YOUR VACATION that YOU paid for, not them.

With that being said, I too recommend family walks for about month prior to the trip. We've done this several times and it really helps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom