Park Tips

Scar4king

Original Poster
A money saver idea is to get a cheap backpack and fill it with lunchables and stuff to eat in the park, and bring a plastic bottle with you to fill up at water fountains. This saves you a good bit of money if you have a hungry family and dont want to pay $5 for a Hot dog . Ive always heard that this is against park rules but in the past 5 years we have never Had a problem.

diamond

Many times we have taken snacks or sandwiches with us into the parks. We also take drink crystals to put in our water bottle at the water fountain because we don't care for the taste of the water.

Malc

I dont think that this can be against park rules. We are a family of six so economics dictate that we almost always take in food and eat it near the lockers when we rest up around midday. The last time that we did this in MGM, we were even joined by a couple of characters from the Lion King. They enjoyed the Pringles too. We have the photos to prove it!

raven

I do this all the time to save money. A quick run to Sams Club before you leave for WDW can save you $$$.

Your bags are checked at the gates but if security asks you about the food, just say it's for dietary needs.

LoriMistress

The park will let you in with food and drinks. Heck, you can bring a ice chest and they won't stop you. I have brought bottled waters and snacks on our trip and they don't do anything.

MadameCheshire

Oh.. instead of buying bottled water before you go. You can just go up to most fast food joints, and many venders around the park and ask for tap water. It is completely free. Just make sure you ask for tap and not bottled water.

-Sam

MadameCheshire

Oh yeah. I have run into many people that don't know this one little thing. Have you ever seen this snow plow thing in Epcot with the coke thing on it or something. If you see it.. I <i>highly recommend going in there. There is thins pathway at first that is air conditioned to the extreme, and then you go into this gift shop typr place, and they have coke machines set up where you can sample different kinds of coke products from around the world.

It is extremely refreshing. The watermelon soda from China (I believe it is China) is wonderful. It is definitely the place to go on a hot day for a break from the sun.

-Sam

CAPTAIN HOOK

Seems great minds think alike - We do a large breakfast and then take a rucksack with biscuits and fruit in for lunch. We splash out and buy fresh cold drinks from the parks to have with the snack lunch and then we have a large evening meal. Certainly save a dollar or two :king:

JackSkellington

If you want to take tuna, or other mayo items. We freeze juice boxes and use them to keep the food cold. Then when we eat everything is cold. And there are drinks later for thirsty people.:wave:

barnum42

Scar4king said:
A money saver idea is to get a cheap backpack and fill it with lunchables and stuff to eat in the park, and bring a plastic bottle with you to fill up at water fountains. This saves you a good bit of money if you have a hungry family and dont want to pay $5 for a Hot dog . Ive always heard that this is against park rules but in the past 5 years we have never Had a problem.
There was a time this was against the park rules. I have just had a rummage and dug up a Magic Kingdom Guide Book from the late Eighties (when you used to get a guide book rather than the sheet map today). At the bottom of the second page/top of the third amongst a list of "Pease Note" items is "Food or drink may not be brought into the park."

This statement is no longer on the guide maps, so at some point they must have ditched the rule.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom