Park tickets

John park hopper

Original Poster
Have POFQ booked for a week in May 2019 (just the room at the moment) do you get a better deal on tickets going through Disney for park hopper passes (7 day passes) or is it better to go through a second party. I 'm sure this has been covered in the past. so bear with me. Is it less hassle going through Disney?

nickys

Premium Member
I can't really help that much, as I get the UK tickets.

However, be careful going through 3rd party sellers. Some are fine, others have problems with not being able to link them in time for making FPs at 60 days, even 30 days out.

Always make absolutely sure (in writing) that they will give you a code to link to MDE in time.

CaptainAmerica

Have POFQ booked for a week in May 2019 (just the room at the moment) do you get a better deal on tickets going through Disney for park hopper passes (7 day passes) or is it better to go through a second party. I 'm sure this has been covered in the past. so bear with me. Is it less hassle going through Disney?
Your best bet is to hold off as long as possible, i.e. right up until you need to make FastPass+ reservations. You can usually save a few bucks off of Disney's prices by purchasing through AAA or UndercoverTourist.

However, and it could be a major "however," Disney often publishes discounts that apply to travel packages only. In other words, Disney won't save you any money on the tickets, but paying Disney full price for your tickets might save you money on your room. You don't want to buy your tickets from UndercoverTourist to save $100 and then Disney announces a "30% off Spring Fling Stay-and-Play" package that would save you $1,000.

RememberWhen

Agreed that you shouldn’t buy tickets from random people (eBay or whatever) but there are reputable ticket sellers out there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Discounts on tickets are beyond negligible at this point. The best is to keep your eyes peeled for promotional deals or packages from Disney...that would always be the only shot at significant savings

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can save some money by going through an authorized reseller like Undercover Tourist, but there are a few pros and cons.

The biggest thing is you want to make sure of is that you are dealing with an authorized reseller. If you see an offer for something insane like 7 day tickets for $50, it is either a scam or you will be blowing a day listening to a timeshare spiel. Ebay or Craig's List is a crapshoot and I would not trust either.

Pros

You will save about $60/ticket for a 7 day hopper.

Cons

It is easier to go through Disney especially if you are staying on property.

You can not get the dining plan unless you purchase tickets through Disney.

If there are any problems, you will have to deal with the reseller.

Some promotions require a ticket purchase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom