Park Tickets Question

Darthfinkles

I currently still have 1 day left on my 6 day unlimited ticket and I'm going to WDW on Monday for the week. Can I add 3 days and pay the the difference between 6 and 9 days or do I need to repurchase after I use the one day left. I'm just brainstorming, the CMs always say you can add on to what you have, was wondering if anyone has experience with this. Thanks.

Greg

timeman

You will need to purchase a new ticket after you use the 1 day you have left on the ticket you have. They can not add more days to a ticket after 14 days since it was first used.

Upvote 0

tizzo

I currently still have 1 day left on my 6 day unlimited ticket and I'm going to WDW on Monday for the week. Can I add 3 days and pay the the difference between 6 and 9 days or do I need to repurchase after I use the one day left. I'm just brainstorming, the CMs always say you can add on to what you have, was wondering if anyone has experience with this. Thanks.

Greg

I'm not positive, but I've always heard that you can upgrade any ticket that hasn't expired or been used up. Whatever you do, don't use that last day before trying to upgrade, because my understanding is that once you do you can't upgrade anymore.

I'm sure there are people including cast members here who can give better information, but for my money something this important (and basic) warrants a phone call or email to Disney. After all, if it doesn't go as expected or desired you can't exactly argue "well, tizzo on WDWMagic.com said I could do it"...

Upvote 0

Rob562

I'm not positive, but I've always heard that you can upgrade any ticket that hasn't expired or been used up. Whatever you do, don't use that last day before trying to upgrade, because my understanding is that once you do you can't upgrade anymore.

I'm sure there are people including cast members here who can give better information, but for my money something this important (and basic) warrants a phone call or email to Disney. After all, if it doesn't go as expected or desired you can't exactly argue "well, tizzo on WDWMagic.com said I could do it"...

The person who posted immediately before you had the correct answer.

Magic Your Way tickets cannot be changed in any way after the 14-day window from its initial use, even if the No Expiration option was purchased for it. (No Expiration just keeps unused days from expiring, it doesn't extend the change window)

Only totally-unused or tickets that are still within the initial 14-day window can have days or options added to them. Also, a MYW ticket cannot have more than 10 total days on it (including counting the already-used days).

Lastly, while you couldn't do it with the old pre-MYW tickets, you *can* upgrade a MYW ticket even after you've used up the final day on it, as long as you're still within that initial 14-day window.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
They will only upgrade a ticket within 14 days of first use. I believe they used to allow you to "cash in" the ticket that was past the 14 day point for its relative value at the time [the fourth day of a ticket when you bought it cost "X" more than a three day ticket], but that just created more problems than it was worth with arguing with guests.

You can use the day and buy an additional ticket or buy a new ticket for the full trip and save it in case you ever need a one-day admission.

If you want to save a little money, if you would only park-hop on one day of your stay, you could buy a base ticket for your stay and use the old ticket to enter a different park on the one day. That would save you the hopper cost. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Rob562

Okay. I thought you were able to upgrade it if it was a non expiration ticket... Or maybe it use to be like that...

No, the upgrade window for Magic Your Way tickets has always been 14 days. (I've only ever heard of a few *rare* exceptions being made that required manager-or-higher authority)

The No Expiration option does just that: it keeps the ticket's days and entitlements from expiring at the 14-day mark. It does not extend the change window.

-Rob

Upvote 0

sbkline

No, the upgrade window for Magic Your Way tickets has always been 14 days. (I've only ever heard of a few *rare* exceptions being made that required manager-or-higher authority)

The No Expiration option does just that: it keeps the ticket's days and entitlements from expiring at the 14-day mark. It does not extend the change window.

-Rob

I can also testify that the above is correct. In 2007, we bought 10 day parkhoppers with the No Expiration option and we used 5 days. As we were checking out, I pondered the idea of adding the water parks and more option to it (which I eventually decided not to do) and the person at the counter told me if I'm gonna do it, I'd better do it now (as in before we left) because once 14 days have passed from the first use, then that's it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom