Park Tickets + Annual Pass

EdnaMode

Original Poster
I booked a resort package with tickets for our next visit because we didn't plan to renew our annual passes this year. But then we went in May and the magic happened and....we renewed our AP's. I totally forgot that we have tickets included in our next reservation.

So now we have both 7 day park hoppers and an annual pass. I know that we can add someone else to our room reservation and let them stay with us because there's plenty of room....but could we also give the park hoppers to other people once they are on the reservation?

(PS: I know we could downgrade the tickets to 2-day base and save some money...and we will do that if we can't give the room and tickets to someone. I also know that we can cancel and rebook room-only, but we got such a great rate that it would cost $2000 more to do that, so....no.)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I booked a resort package with tickets for our next visit because we didn't plan to renew our annual passes this year. But then we went in May and the magic happened and....we renewed our AP's. I totally forgot that we have tickets included in our next reservation.

So now we have both 7 day park hoppers and an annual pass. I know that we can add someone else to our room reservation and let them stay with us because there's plenty of room....but could we also give the park hoppers to other people once they are on the reservation?

(PS: I know we could downgrade the tickets to 2-day base and save some money...and we will do that if we can't give the room and tickets to someone. I also know that we can cancel and rebook room-only, but we got such a great rate that it would cost $2000 more to do that, so....no.)

Tickets aren't transferable. That being said, I would call WDW, tell them your situation and ask if the tickets in your package can be used by the guests you're adding to the reservation, since you now have APs.

Janir

If you haven't used the 1st day of the tickets, you should be able to easily reassign the tickets to new people in MDE online. ( App may not be as clear but that's just MDE app in general)
Once the tickets are activated - 1st use then they are locked into the people they are assigned to. Fingerprint and all that.
Knowing Disney customer service, I wouldn't be surprised if you called you could get back those tickets or at leat get some gift card credit for the cost if you weren't already trying to get them to someone else.

EdnaMode

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info, everyone! I called Disney and they reduced our package cost down by the cost of 7-day hopper tickets (which I couldn't do online) then we applied that amount to new tickets for our friends.

Thanks again!

MrHappy

Here's another question since we're on the AP topic. I have APs that expire in March. I'm going to let them expire and purchase new APs so my activation/expiration will be in May. I want to purchase the new APs this year - to avoid any looming price increases (last year the APs snuck up $50 in October). So I'm wondering, can I buy NEW APs while I have existing APs? How would that work?

@lentesta, hi Len, any word on increases this year yet?

Thanks!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Here's another question since we're on the AP topic. I have APs that expire in March. I'm going to let them expire and purchase new APs so my activation/expiration will be in May. I want to purchase the new APs this year - to avoid any looming price increases (last year the APs snuck up $50 in October). So I'm wondering, can I buy NEW APs while I have existing APs? How would that work?

Thanks!

Would the system recognize them as renewals or new? You can renew 60 days before and 30 days after the expiration. More than 60 days before? May recognize as a new pass. But don't you get a discounted price when you renew? Which is equivalent to the price of a single day ticket. Or is that just for us FL residents.

lentesta

Premium Member

Thanks!

I haven't heard anything about further increases. What I have heard from various agencies is that demand is soft, at least for the next few months. Anecdotally, they're saying there's not a lot of overlap between their Disney theme park fans and Star Wars fans.

Based on that, I would say it's less likely that we'll get another price increase, at least until Rise opens.

MrHappy

Would the system recognize them as renewals or new? You can renew 60 days before and 30 days after the expiration. More than 60 days before? May recognize as a new pass. But don't you get a discounted price when you renew? Which is equivalent to the price of a single day ticket. Or is that just for us FL residents.
That's kinda my question, I guess. I'll call and let you guys know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom