Park Security

Namaari

Original Poster
So I heard that WDW was testing new technology for park security (body scanners) last year where you would only need to walk through a security scanner upon park arrival rather than have to go through a manual bag search. Does anyone know if this has been implemented at the parks yet? (I heard they recently started doing it at Disneyland.)

JIMINYCR

The scanners will save you so much time. No longer the huge back log of guests having to have every bags crevice looked through. I breezed through but DW who is in a w/c still had to stop to be searched. I did see a few other guests pulled off to the side for better searches for whatever reason. It must save on personnel cost as well because I noticed fewer security having to man the areas we passed through.

nickys

Premium Member
If anything triggers the scanner you will be pulled off for a traditional bag search.

I think metal water bottles are one thing that trigger it. You can remove it from your bag and hold it out in front of you (away from your body).

My charger brick was setting the scanner off went I was there earlier this year. Then someone told me to take it out of the bag and hold it in front of me when I went through the scanner. After I started doing that, I was waved through every time.

Gillyanne

Check on Metal Water Bottles and Battery Packs, does any one know where we stand on umbrellas? I feel like when it started, they were out, but maybe I read (but now don't remember) that they no longer need to be removed?

Weather_Lady

Check on Metal Water Bottles and Battery Packs, does any one know where we stand on umbrellas? I feel like when it started, they were out, but maybe I read (but now don't remember) that they no longer need to be removed?
If you have an umbrella, they'll ask you to remove it from your bag and hold it out in front of you, light saber style, as you pass through the metal detector. At least, that what we observed last week.

NeedMoreMickey

Last weekend we were pulled out of line with a brick charger, a mini umbrella and a metal glass case. Left the umbrella in the room and held on to the charger and glasses no problem. My nephew took a clunky metal tape measure to Disney Springs so he could measure some art work and he was pulled out of line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom