Park Security

tenchu

Originally posted by WDW1971

You can take snacks, but not bottled water.

You sure you can't take water in?

I'm sure we did during the summer, they never said anything about it at the check points.

WDW1971

Originally posted by tenchu

I'm sure we did during the summer, they never said anything about it at the check points.

To be honest, we didn't try. But we were told that you couldn't by someone else. I suppose I could have been misinformed.:hammer:

RogueHabit

Originally posted by tenchu

Same here, we've taken in small 20oz bottles before, never tried the big ones but that might be a different story.

WDW1971

Originally posted by Catch 22
Same here, we've taken in small 20oz bottles before, never tried the big ones but that might be a different story.

I guess when whoever it was told me that, I assumed that they were right because Disney makes like 500% profit on the water they sell, so the surely didn't want you to bring the cheap stuff...:lol:

wdwsplash

I think the security checks are a good thing. Building something more permanent will at least help it blend in better with everything else more then the white tents did. As for the water, My wife and I each carried a 20oz bottle that was wraped in an insulated covering clipped to our belts. We carried this every where we went in all the parks and no one said anything about it. I remember reading somewhere that clear bottles are the only ones allowed in though.

WDW1971

I'd been told back in '96 that they only allowed baby bottles. I've never tried...but I will next time! Water is expensive!

JeepGuy77

As for security at the parks. I think its great they are looking thru backpacks etc. I know htey don't always check EVERYTHING in the bags but if you think about how many of us go to a mall or hotel. No one checks your bags there for any weapons or explosives and those are contained spaces. Just putting the idea in your head. The alternative for the parks is to not allow anything in the parks. LOL. Like a concert. No food etc. Interesting huh?

Lilo

Originally posted by slinger
Can anyone comment on how long it takes to get through the bag check lines? Is it just a few minutes, and do they have multiple personnel checking? Or do they use this as a natural chokepoint for limiting people in the park?

Also, are you allowed to bring things like snack crackers, bottled water, and so forth?

Thanks,
-Robert

I was there during Thanksgiving and the lines were not that bad. I carried everything from a pack to water to bags with gifts we had bought in other parks and it did not take that long. The first time they had these checkpoints right after 9/11 it was a little overwhelming, but now they are experts on getting you in the parks faster.

Fido

As far as I know, you can take a small cooler as long as you have no glass bottles. They won't stop you from bringing water in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom