Park Reservations

Penny’s Dad

We are going the first week of May and already have park reservations for all of our six days. Does anyone know if we can go to say Magic Kingdom in the morning then leave the park for a few hours and then go back to the same park later that evening If it is listed at capacity. We were afraid we may lose our spot if we leave and may not be able to get back in.

Penny’s Dad

Original Poster
Both Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Stuidos are listed at capacity for resort guests the entire week. We are annual passholders but the other two in our party are not. We already have reservations for each day but was worried about leaving the park ant trying to get back in the same park later.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I know the warnings in the "fine print" for ticket and pass purchases about "subject to capacity" seem ominous, but in practice, it hasn't been a problem. So far since the reopening, people looking to enter a park (even those with parkhopper tickets, meaning they didn't have a reservation for the park they're looking to enter) have not been turned away even when the park reservations for that park (or for all parks) were 100% booked. If Disney wasn't turning ticketed guests (including parkhoppers) away at the height of Easter break due to parks reaching capacity, it's not likely to happen to you.

Upvote 0
I have a very similar question except it involves Oct 1 at MK. If I go to the park in the AM then leave for a bit if I come back before 2 PM when park hopping starts am I still guaranteed entry? What if I go back after 2 PM? Thanks.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I have a very similar question except it involves Oct 1 at MK. If I go to the park in the AM then leave for a bit if I come back before 2 PM when park hopping starts am I still guaranteed entry? What if I go back after 2 PM? Thanks.
If you have a park reservation you are guaranteed to get back into that park at any time. Even if you have hopped to another park you can still return to the park you have a reservation for.

They could change that rule but I see no reason why they should. It would be much simpler for them to simply stop park hopping that day.

Upvote 0

JohnD

If you have a park reservation you are guaranteed to get back into that park at any time. Even if you have hopped to another park you can still return to the park you have a reservation for.

They could change that rule but I see no reason why they should. It would be much simpler for them to simply stop park hopping that day.

Here is the guide to closing phases. @wdwmagic may want to chime in with modifications because of park reservations.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Based on the phases I just posted (see above), you're good through "Phase 2". i.e. "Guests re-entering the park". That isn't mentioned in Phase 3. The question is will it get that far?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Based on the phases I just posted (see above), you're good through "Phase 2". i.e. "Guests re-entering the park". That isn't mentioned in Phase 3. The question is will it get that far?
Those phases applied for years pre Covid. With park reservations they are obsolete.

Since they introduced park reservations they have been 100% clear that you can enter and renter the park you have a reservation for as many times as you like. Doesn’t matter if you go to another park for the afternoon, you can still return. It’s a guaranteed park reservation all day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom