Park reservations going away?

nickys

Premium Member
Yea, only condition I know of is that it has to be a different park every day that you use it. I didn’t look into it much though!

The January 9th date of no reservations seems more like a rebranding of reservations though, as tickets will (or already have) become park and date based. Given that the tickets are based on park and day, that’s the same as a reservation for Disney. I like the idea of AP good to go days. Again, probably just going to be what days are currently bonus days. And also, reservations don’t sell out anyways. BUT, it brings us one step closer to no reservations at all, and it forces them to work out how they will deal with virtual queues (if they don’t just discontinue them in 2024) without reservations. Could be a geofence or something else. It’ll be interesting to see!
Single day tickets are park and date based. Multi day tickets are only date based though. And those are by far the majority sold.

I’ll be interested to see what happens on the days when AP blackout dates are llifted. Those are the days when AP reservations tend to soar. At that point will they have to use phased closing to restrict the numbers going to MK for example, or will they limit the number of reservations available to AP holders?

Disney really haven’t managed geo-fencing. They rely on being scanned into the park. My guess is they do away with the VQs . GotG doesn’t need it anymore and they’re probably hoping the demand for Tron starts to abate by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom