Park reservations and last minute additions

virk4

Original Poster
I am planning a trip for summer '21 for me and my wife. We have tickets and can get park reservations. But it is possible that we might also take a young granddaughter with us. I won't know that in advance so I will not be able to make park reservations because she does not have park tickets. If there are no park passes left, I wonder if this is something that guest services can solve when we get to the hotel. It seems that they must have a few passes available for last-minute additions. Thoughts anyone?

JIMINYCR

Not sure if guest services can help you out in this instance. But I wouldnt count on Disney having passes held in reserve for late additions. Disneys plans are going strictly with the numbers of guests allowable in each park to assure safety and distancing. When we made our reservations our TA advised us to grab our park days immediately to avoid being locked out. Disney very rarely makes exceptions to their policies. They want you to get those park days booked in, so they know expected numbers. If they were to open up to guests coming in last minute and expecting to be let in it wouldnt work efficiently day to day. I'd try to get the plan of your granddaughter being with you decided.

Shouldigo12

No. This is a safety thing; the poster above explained the reasoning behind needing to get your passes in advance fairly well. There's a reason why the website stresses you need to have tickets AND a reservation to come to the parks. Personally I would try to call or email them and ask how difficult it would be to cancel your granddaughter's reservation and get some refunds in the event she can't make it. If it wouldn't be possible or sounds like it would be a nightmare, it might be best not to schedule anything until you know for sure she can come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom