Park Reservation System Question

MickeyKimmy

Hi Everyone!
I’m running into a problem with the Park Reservation System and wondering if anyone on here knows the best way to handle. We have a DVC room reservation for January 2021 and are current annual passholders. Our passes expire shortly before the January trip so the Park Reservation System will not allow me to make park reservations. We are willing to renew our passes but I can’t find a way to renew unless it is 60 days or closer to expiration and they don’t expire until early January. I’ve tried to call Disney numerous times over the past few days but can’t get through. Does anyone know what we can do? Thanks

Millionaire2K

Only thing you can do is call. I would suggest call early in the day. If you get a busy signal or all circuits busy message, just hang up and call again and again and again until you are placed on hold. I was able to get put on hold after about 15 attempts. I suggest calling early so they are still open when you finally get off of hold.

Upvote 0

floydbeatle

I am not an AP holder, so I can't say if there are various ways to renew and where. But I have called to modify both DVC reservations, and and a non-DVC reservations. The wait times are ridiculous, and the busy signals, or automated messages seem endless. You need to hang in there and dial over and over again. To make it easier I use an auto-dialer app on my mobile. Makes life easier.

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

What we did:

1) Requested REFUNDS on our current GPs, original EXP 5-27-2020, extended to 9-27-2020, and of no value to us. WDW has yet to actually perform, regarding AP refunds.

2) Bought two NEW, unactivated GPs. Clock starts on FIRST USE. Already billed & payed for.

3) Already had a DVC reservation at BRV - APR 2021.

So, we had what the WDW Computer System wanted. A Reservation, and valid tickets. We've already reserved parks for APR 2021.

Now why avoid renewing? Because the "clock" starts on your anniversary date - not on FIRST USE. A NEW pass can just sit there, ready to run, when WDW is actually ready to run. All the way to 2030. Suppose our APR 2021 Reservation goes South? We have NEW GPs. We can't show up? They sit there, waiting as "Valid Tickets" for our next Window - NOV 2021. The APR 2021 DVC Room only Res? Contract says we can cancel without penalty ahead of 30 days.

Points? We have signed up with David's, to rent out all points that WDW refuses to allow us to bank (currently 147 2020 points that were banked from 2019).

In short, we are engaging in "defensive booking" - the concept that WDW has little clue as to what they are going to do. Also doing this with Air Travel - going for refundable tickets, despite higher price.

Upvote 0

Millionaire2K

What we did:

1) Requested REFUNDS on our current GPs, original EXP 5-27-2020, extended to 9-27-2020, and of no value to us. WDW has yet to actually perform, regarding AP refunds.

2) Bought two NEW, unactivated GPs. Clock starts on FIRST USE. Already billed & payed for.

3) Already had a DVC reservation at BRV - APR 2021.

So, we had what the WDW Computer System wanted. A Reservation, and valid tickets. We've already reserved parks for APR 2021.

Now why avoid renewing? Because the "clock" starts on your anniversary date - not on FIRST USE. A NEW pass can just sit there, ready to run, when WDW is actually ready to run. All the way to 2030. Suppose our APR 2021 Reservation goes South? We have NEW GPs. We can't show up? They sit there, waiting as "Valid Tickets" for our next Window - NOV 2021. The APR 2021 DVC Room only Res? Contract says we can cancel without penalty ahead of 30 days.

Points? We have signed up with David's, to rent out all points that WDW refuses to allow us to bank (currently 147 2020 points that were banked from 2019).

In short, we are engaging in "defensive booking" - the concept that WDW has little clue as to what they are going to do. Also doing this with Air Travel - going for refundable tickets, despite higher price.

What is "GPs"?? And how did you get? Your post confuses me.

Upvote 0

RickP330

Hi Everyone!
I’m running into a problem with the Park Reservation System and wondering if anyone on here knows the best way to handle. We have a DVC room reservation for January 2021 and are current annual passholders. Our passes expire shortly before the January trip so the Park Reservation System will not allow me to make park reservations. We are willing to renew our passes but I can’t find a way to renew unless it is 60 days or closer to expiration and they don’t expire until early January. I’ve tried to call Disney numerous times over the past few days but can’t get through. Does anyone know what we can do? Thanks

Other person GP = Gold Pass...

We renewed this week although we were one day past the 30 days after experiration. We received a "Renewal Voucher". That was enough to let us book them park reservations. They are not selling new AP's right now. The other person on this thread must have purchased new GP's several weeks ago. That is not an option right now. I expect you can also get a "Renewal Voucher" and do the same even though your passes are not expired yet. It took us an hour to get past the busy signal and 3 hours on hold to get an agent to help us. Good Luck!
RP

PS they are not processing extensions or refunds yet. They only offered us the "Extension" added on to the back end of the new GP's we just purchased.

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Other person GP = Gold Pass...

We renewed this week although we were one day past the 30 days after experiration. We received a "Renewal Voucher". That was enough to let us book them park reservations. They are not selling new AP's right now. The other person on this thread must have purchased new GP's several weeks ago. That is not an option right now. I expect you can also get a "Renewal Voucher" and do the same even though your passes are not expired yet. It took us an hour to get past the busy signal and 3 hours on hold to get an agent to help us. Good Luck!
RP

PS they are not processing extensions or refunds yet. They only offered us the "Extension" added on to the back end of the new GP's we just purchased.
Dear Wife and I DID purchase, pay for, and have listed on MDE - NEW GPs - on 6/18/2020. It appears we got in before the Lock on NEW Gold Passes. And I confess - we did this because we suspected that WDW would lock down new passes, redeemable up to 2030.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MickeyKimmy

Original Poster
Thanks for the ideas everyone. It sounds like our only option is to renew the passes early since they are not selling new passes right now from what everyone is saying. My husband called Disney 3 days ago and was told he could not renew early but that their IT department would fix something on their end so we could book our park reservations. It is still not working so we are on hold again. Hopefully the rep this time will be able to figure out a solution.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom