Park Planning

RickP330

Hello all,
Normally I would just use the Touring plans website, but our subscription has lapsed. I'd just renew it, but wondering if perhaps there is something new and improved out there especially with the Genie apps now in service.

We have a getaway weekend planned for Thursday 3/10/22 (arrive at resort around 10am). We are leaving late on Sunday 3/13/22 and we are staying at the Rivera. We are renting a car. Just me and the DW this trip (we actually got one of the tower rooms, really curious to try that out).

We would really like a full day in AK and it's DW's Birthday on the 12th. She wants a MK day.

So we would like to plan our park day reservations (actually already have them - see below), but we never checked crowd levels to make sure if this makes sense:

Thurs - MK
Friday - MK
Sat - MK
Sun - HS

We figured that being at RR we could always skyliner it over to Epcot cutting a park day short (We have AP's). So I guess here are the questions:

*What's the best crowd calendar to reference?
*What would be the best day to insert an AK day.
*Does any of the above look like not a great idea crowd wise?

We are DVC so we are park veterans there really are not many must do's. (well - Trader Sam's might be one - that's another story). We are just as happy spending time in Nomad Lounge watching the character floats pass by as we are running around catching rides...

If you have any advice we would appreciate it!!
RickP

nickys

Premium Member
Hello all,
Normally I would just use the Touring plans website, but our subscription has lapsed. I'd just renew it, but wondering if perhaps there is something new and improved out there especially with the Genie apps now in service.

We have a getaway weekend planned for Thursday 3/10/22 (arrive at resort around 10am). We are leaving late on Sunday 3/13/22 and we are staying at the Rivera. We are renting a car. Just me and the DW this trip (we actually got one of the tower rooms, really curious to try that out).

We would really like a full day in AK and it's DW's Birthday on the 12th. She wants a MK day.

So we would like to plan our park day reservations (actually already have them - see below), but we never checked crowd levels to make sure if this makes sense:

Thurs - MK
Friday - MK
Sat - MK
Sun - HS

We figured that being at RR we could always skyliner it over to Epcot cutting a park day short (We have AP's). So I guess here are the questions:

*What's the best crowd calendar to reference?
*What would be the best day to insert an AK day.
*Does any of the above look like not a great idea crowd wise?

We are DVC so we are park veterans there really are not many must do's. (well - Trader Sam's might be one - that's another story). We are just as happy spending time in Nomad Lounge watching the character floats pass by as we are running around catching rides...

If you have any advice we would appreciate it!!
RickP
If you’ve subscribed to Touring Plans before then I would suggest that a good touring plan beats everything else hands down. So I don’t worry about what the crowd calendar says.

As far as park days go, if you’re doing MK on the Saturday, then I would do DHS on Friday and AK on the Sunday. Or just do AK on the Friday.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

I would check Touring Plans for your dates, then head over to undercovertourist.com and compare their crowd calendar with touring plans! That way you would at least have something to compare!

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
I've always assumed that weekends are particularly busy at WDW partly because people leaving want one last visit, but also folks living in FLA who work will take the weekend to go and visit the park. To that end, I usually avoid MK on the weekend. Just my @.02
Thanks, We thought so too.
So what would be the two least crowded parks on the weekend? I think AK would be one, but the other?
RP

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
I would check Touring Plans for your dates, then head over to undercovertourist.com and compare their crowd calendar with touring plans! That way you would at least have something to compare!
Undercover Tourist Crowd calculator is Okay, but it won't give you detailed park crowd levels - just overall levels and best and worst park days.... Better than nothing - might still go for the touring plans for their calculator - tomorrow is 60 days ADR time!
RP

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
It's been since 2013 I've been a member, and I renewed and still not disappointed. It seems to be getting a bit dated but still a value at $17. Glad I renewed. I would not hesitate, but I thin they catch up on Genie plus.....
RP

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom