Park Pass Question

Hope Princess

Hello! My family and I are currently wanting to plan a trip for this December. Of course, it is different as everything is up in the air regarding Fastpasses and what would be offer. However, I just had a question. So at the moment one needs to make a ParkPass reservation. We are thinking we would book the trip and then just adjust plans as the offerings change. For example, at the moment EPCOT opens at 11 AM which is way too late for us to start the day so we are thinking not to make EPCOT a morning park. But, if we make our passes but then EPCOT changes its operating hours are we able to change our reservations or if Fastpasses come back would we be able to change the pass depending on what we get?
Also if park hopping does one need a pass for the second park? Because that could make planning challenging. Thank you for the answers!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Currently, if you want to change your first park of the day, you'll need to drop the first reservation to pick up the second one all depending on availability at that time. Park hopping doesn't require a reservation for any subsequent parks, but it's also subject to capacity limitations and requires that you enter the first park and not enter the next until after 2 pm.

Upvote 0

Hope Princess

Original Poster
Currently, if you want to change your first park of the day, you'll need to drop the first reservation to pick up the second one all depending on availability at that time. Park hopping doesn't require a reservation for any subsequent parks, but it's also subject to capacity limitations and requires that you enter the first park and not enter the next until after 2 pm.
Thank you! Just a question, like you could check with Fastpass what was available before cancelling can you do the same with ParkPass? Like say we have DHS but then EPCOT changes hours and we want to switch, could we check if EPCOT is available before giving up DHS? Thanks!

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Thank you! Just a question, like you could check with Fastpass what was available before cancelling can you do the same with ParkPass? Like say we have DHS but then EPCOT changes hours and we want to switch, could we check if EPCOT is available before giving up DHS? Thanks!

Since the fastpast+ process isn't currently available and hasn't been since reopening, how that may work if the program returns are unknown.

Upvote 0

Hope Princess

Original Poster
Since the fastpast+ process isn't currently available and hasn't been since reopening, how that may work if the program returns are unknown.
Oh I just meant like can you check ParkPass availability before giving up the one you made. Like if I would like to check in EPCOT is available do I have to give up whatever pass I already had first? Thanks!

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Upvote 0

Hope Princess

Original Poster
Another question for people, how does the park hopping work? Are you only allowed to park hop to one park? Say at 2 PM you go to EPCOT, could you then hop to Hollywood Studios to end the night? Thanks!

Upvote 0

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Another question for people, how does the park hopping work? Are you only allowed to park hop to one park? Say at 2 PM you go to EPCOT, could you then hop to Hollywood Studios to end the night? Thanks!

You can hop to as many other parks as you can manage in the remaining time.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You can change your park pass so long as the park you want still has availability.

In order to park hop you have to have a park pass reservation and go to the first park and then after 2pm you can feel free to go to any of the other 3 parks with no advanced reservation.

Upvote 0

Hope Princess

Original Poster
You can change your park pass so long as the park you want still has availability.

In order to park hop you have to have a park pass reservation and go to the first park and then after 2pm you can feel free to go to any of the other 3 parks with no advanced reservation.
Awesome! This is so helpful for planning as we are only used to planning with the old rules haha! But excited to go back to the magic!

Upvote 0

GrumpyDude

Hello! My family and I are currently wanting to plan a trip for this December. Of course, it is different as everything is up in the air regarding Fastpasses and what would be offer. However, I just had a question. So at the moment one needs to make a ParkPass reservation. We are thinking we would book the trip and then just adjust plans as the offerings change. For example, at the moment EPCOT opens at 11 AM which is way too late for us to start the day so we are thinking not to make EPCOT a morning park. But, if we make our passes but then EPCOT changes its operating hours are we able to change our reservations or if Fastpasses come back would we be able to change the pass depending on what we get?
Also if park hopping does one need a pass for the second park? Because that could make planning challenging. Thank you for the answers!
December is a long time from now. It wouldn't surprise me if the normal opening hours go back to where they were pre-COVID. We are going the first week in November and we made reservations just in case they are still required. We may rethink our EPCOT visits if the 11:00 opening time remains.

Upvote 0

Hope Princess

Original Poster
December is a long time from now. It wouldn't surprise me if the normal opening hours go back to where they were pre-COVID. We are going the first week in November and we made reservations just in case they are still required. We may rethink our EPCOT visits if the 11:00 opening time remains.
Yes I am expecting a lot of things to go back to normal but we want to get the reservations just in case. Yes since we are not going for many days (just 5) an 11 AM start time to the day is just not what we want. But if EPCOT were to go back to 9 AM we wanted to know if we can switch plans!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom