Park Opening Ceremonies..

jrobinson424

Original Poster
Do all 4 parks have a cool opening ceremony? Also, if you guys could, list all of the cool and hidden things we can find at the World. For instance, I know about the phone booth in MK, but I don't know where it is or what it does. I did find the key at Muppet Vision 3D. Anything will be cool for us. This year, we are going to do things we have never done before. We are gonna try all the character meals, maybe going bass fishing, stuff like that. Thank you guys so much in advance for you help. I know you won't let me down.

timkelmom

Not sure about opening ceremonies, I will wait for the responses to that myself.

A fun game to play is like a "scavenger hunt" to look for hidden mickey's. We assign point values based on difficulty and type. It is a fun way to pass time while waiting in lines. "Mickey's" are hidden almost everywhere. It is lots of fun.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
MK has the train pulling into the station followed by singing and dancing and confetti.

Epcot has a Test Track car that "Guests of the Day" ride in and then the mad rush to Soarin' and TT.

AK has the "Awakening" with Disney characters - i hear it's cute.

I think someone told me once that MGM doesn't do much if anything at all - so I dunno about that one.

orlandorealtor

For the first time in my life I was up before 10am and found myself at Epcot for the opening ceremony. It was pretty good, I wasn't expecting it. After the Test Track car and a cool little speach, the announcer (the woman that does the pre Illuminations announcements), does a countdown followed by a resounding "welcome to Epcot!" Then they play some 'we all love each other, the world is a happy place' type song.

SewIn2Disney

As far as little known secrets and things to look for:
Here's a list I compiled about a year ago for an upcoming trip. Some things are just rumors, but I nonetheless I wanted to look for them all. They are arranged by park and section of the park.
Heres the list:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=953391&postcount=23

And here's the thread it came from (some others added their own facts to it....I should really update the list soon)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=52628&highlight=little+known+secrets

I also recommend the Hidden Mickey book, and the Imagineers Field Guide to the MK, both are small enough to take with you in the parks and read while your in line, and both are filled with cool stuff!

Ducky_Love

orlandorealtor said:
After the Test Track car and a cool little speach, the announcer (the woman that does the pre Illuminations announcements), does a countdown followed by a resounding "welcome to Epcot!" Then they play some 'we all love each other, the world is a happy place' type song.

That is Mary Thompson Hunt. She works full time at the Comedy Warehouse, but can be seen and heard all over Disney. She is wonderful!

http://www.marythompsonhunt.com/

In October, Epcot had the "Characters on Holiday" Double Decker bus presentation. Zooming around Spaceship Earth, the bus pulls up and you hear Mickey and Pals chat it up about the days adventures. Then the party music blares, and everyone follows the bus into the park, where the characters park before the fountain for photo ops. It was really very cute. I have yet to see MK's opening bit, but I fully intend to later this month.

AK has a very cute opening, I wasn't expecting it when I saw it, so it really blew me away. Mickey and Pals roar up on the huge safari jeep, a lil chat goes on about their safari plans, Goofy looses the map, etc. Then, they speed off towards the Tree of Life where Mickey is lifted high into the air against the tree on a lift, he whips out his ultra HUGE binoculars and scopes out the "uncharted lands" that will make up the days journey, and you are off. I too have heard that MGM is "ceremony-less." Oh well, who wants to start their day off at MGM anyway...lol. JK:lol:

kennygman

My kids and I were first in line and they were given buttons and asked to "open the park" We then waited at the end of the main street at a rope. They just opened the rope and everyone headed toward TOT RR. I liked AK and MK the best.

Jekyll Baker

I like MK's opening, with the train carrying all the characters and the Main Street singers/dancers, and the "family of the day".
The only opening I've seen at Epcot is the Characters' Double Decker and associated spiel.
I've never seen any special opening at Studios (though the possibilities are there and many), unless you count the CM at the rope drop telling everyone "no running" and to follow her to the Tower of Terror.
I've heard of the Awakening at AK, but alas, have never seen it (not that I have never been early enough to see it, just that they have never done it when I was there to see it)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom