Park Hopping

dizneycraig

Original Poster
We are planning a trip in May. I am getting ready to buy park tickets. With the recent return of park hopping, I was curious how those of you that have hopped lately feel about the process. Were you able to hop to your desired park after 2pm or were you stuck?

Thanks

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We are planning a trip in May. I am getting ready to buy park tickets. With the recent return of park hopping, I was curious how those of you that have hopped lately feel about the process. Were you able to hop to your desired park after 2pm or were you stuck?

Thanks
There has been I believe 100% availability for park hopping so far.

winniethepluto

Yup! No issues park hopping. During the holiday season I believe MK hit full capacity (which isn’t unusual under normal operations either). But other than that you should be good to go :)

Andrew M

So, with parks hitting their capacity levels for the day in the park pass system, what is the effect on Park Hopping? It looks like Hollywood Studios is not available for a park pass for all of March.

I've gotten conflicting information from Cast Members on the phone about this. One says if the park passes are sold out for any particular park, you won't be able to hop there at 2pm. Another said that they go by a different metric for hopping and that at 2pm it may be possible to get in to a park where a daily pass wasn't available to start.

Does anyone know which one it is? Any luck this week hopping to HS?

Last edited:

dhslxop

So, with parks hitting their capacity levels for the day in the park pass system, what is the effect on Park Hopping? It looks like Hollywood Studios is not available for a park pass for all of March.

I've gotten conflicting information from Cast Members on the phone about this. One says if the park passes are sold out for any particular park, you won't be able to hope their at 2pm. Another said that they go by a different metric for hopping and that at 2pm it may be possible to get in to a park where a daily pass wasn't available to start.

Does anyone know which one it is? Any luck this week hopping to HS?
Unless park hopping is "stopped" (which is a decision made on a daily basis), you can park hop, even if reservations are no longer available for that particular park, and provided you do not have a ticket that is blocked out of that particular park. For example, Cast Members are currently blocked out of certain parks - they are unable to make a reservation for that park AND they are unable to park hop to that park because they do not currently have valid admission. If you do have valid admission to the park, you can continue to park hop (even if reservations are full), UNLESS park hopping is stopped due to capacity. In theory, this will be similar to an old phase closure.

CarolynFH

You can call (407) 560-5000 for a recording about availability of park hopping that day and whether any parks are closed to hopping. Based on the Park Pass Availability calendar, it looks like next week might be the first time that number is needed!

dizneycraig

Original Poster
I appreciate those that responded. I went ahead and bought hoppers. Hoping they extend hours some more for May. 🤞🏻

Last edited:

scoobygirl39541

Thank you for this thread because I was about to ask something similar.

So if I read this correctly... you are able to hop after 2pm with an AP and you don't have to make a reservation or do anything special, just check up on availablity?

Daily Magic

How do people feel about park hopping right now? By the time you leave the first park, transfer to the second after the 2pm window, is there still enough time to enjoy these parks? I feel like Epcot must be crowded at night as the latest open park.

NelleBelle

We plan to make use of our PHxxprimarily at Epcot for dinner. We are staying at YC and plan to have a mid day break/swim and walk to epcot at 2p (or potentially HS).

crawale

Unless park hopping is "stopped" (which is a decision made on a daily basis), you can park hop, even if reservations are no longer available for that particular park, and provided you do not have a ticket that is blocked out of that particular park. For example, Cast Members are currently blocked out of certain parks - they are unable to make a reservation for that park AND they are unable to park hop to that park because they do not currently have valid admission. If you do have valid admission to the park, you can continue to park hop (even if reservations are full), UNLESS park hopping is stopped due to capacity. In theory, this will be similar to an old phase closure.
Are you guaranteed entry to the park for which you have a park pass even if it is closed for park hopping? Say I have a park pass and a dinner reservation and do not wish to enter that park until late afternoon - will I be guaranteed entry even if it is closed for park hopping to those who do not have park pass?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Are you guaranteed entry to the park for which you have a park pass even if it is closed for park hopping? Say I have a park pass and a dinner reservation and do not wish to enter that park until late afternoon - will I be guaranteed entry even if it is closed for park hopping to those who do not have park pass?
Yes you will be good. I don't think there is ever any guarantee, but with a pass you are in the best possible position for entry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom