Park Hopping Concerns...need advice

hauntdmansion79

Hello wdwmagic friends...we need some advice.

First off, we are going to "The Happiest Place on Earth" in 17 days!!! The excitement level is through the roof.

We have heard that early March can be fairly busy and we have some concerns about park hopping.

We are planning to park hop a couple times and we want to know what the risk factor is for the parks being filled to capacity and we can't go to our next park destination.

Our first park hop is going to Magic Kingdom. There are no Extra Magic Hours that day, but the park is open until 11pm. We're thinking of hopping to Magic Kingdom around 5 or 6pm....do you guys think there should be any problems getting in?

Our second park hop is to Epcot. There is Extra Magic Hours in the evening. We are planning on hopping to Epcot around the same time (5 or 6pm). Once again, any problems getting in (especially with that park having Extra Magic Hours in the evening)?

We don't anticipate having a problem, because early March is busy, but not the busiest. But we would love any advice we can get.

Thanks a lot you guys.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The parks tend to go into phased access [capacity closing] on peak holidays, not during Spring Break, as far as I know. I'd say you'll be OK.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you have park hopping tickets and you are staying at a Disney resort the only way you could be locked out is because of a phase 4 closure which are incredibly rare.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Been at various times of the year and the only time I've ever been to a park that closed due to capacity was the MK in a very hot and busy July.

We've been at Easter and Spring Break times and even though they are crowded they've never been full enough to stop admission.

Upvote 0

hauntdmansion79

Original Poster
you guys are amazing..

You guys are amazing! I walked away from the computer for 10 minutes and I come back to find the wdwmagic army has already replied 5 times!!!

I knew I could count on you guys to rest my mind at ease.

Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

We leave in 22 days, so must be traveling the same week.

Checked a lot of sites (first ever "spring break" trip) and found that very few highschools have break that week, just mainly universities/colleges. I then combined this information with some "crowd numbers" through the UoG calender and am not remotely worried about capacity closings.

We're not park hopping this trip and have scheduled days avoiding EMH. The only times we've seen capacity closings is around Easter, 4th of July, Christmas, and New Years and as another poster said, resort guests were still allowed into the parks.

Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

rshell68

18 days here:wave:

Due to all of our schedules my family is only able to go during Spring Break each year. We have never had any problems getting into parks.

We know we are going at a busy time and expect to wait. But what better place to wait than at WDW!!!!!

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Your good. I have gone twice (and never ever again) during peak Spring Break time and never experienced a closure. Thats not to say that it didn't *feel* like the park should have been closed, but we muddled through. In my opinion, avoiding the park with evening EMH each day is critical during the busiest times of year.

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Just to pile on. I've been during the peak weeks of Spring Break several times. Huge crowds, but no closure whatsoever. The only times I have experienced closures are during Christmas week, MK on the fourth of July, and the day of hurricaine Charley.

Upvote 0

NIU EE

anyone have the forecast for the 'peak' of spring break season not counting Easter? I know that some universities start spring break in february, but also know some don't break until late March, with high schools sometimes going into April. Just wondering if there were any valleys in the crowd calendar between early march and the end of summer....

Upvote 0

lpet11984

I would imagine with Easter being so early this year, and many people having breaks at different times that even going Easter may be a bit easier this year than it has been in years past. Here's hoping everyone enjoys their trips!

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Park Hopping

Hello wdwmagic friends...we need some advice.

First off, we are going to "The Happiest Place on Earth" in 17 days!!! The excitement level is through the roof.

We have heard that early March can be fairly busy and we have some concerns about park hopping.

We are planning to park hop a couple times and we want to know what the risk factor is for the parks being filled to capacity and we can't go to our next park destination.

Our first park hop is going to Magic Kingdom. There are no Extra Magic Hours that day, but the park is open until 11pm. We're thinking of hopping to Magic Kingdom around 5 or 6pm....do you guys think there should be any problems getting in?

Our second park hop is to Epcot. There is Extra Magic Hours in the evening. We are planning on hopping to Epcot around the same time (5 or 6pm). Once again, any problems getting in (especially with that park having Extra Magic Hours in the evening)?

We don't anticipate having a problem, because early March is busy, but not the busiest. But we would love any advice we can get.

Thanks a lot you guys.

Go for it. You should not have any problems. Third week in March can be busy due to college vacations but nothing major. Have a great time!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Leianne

Hello new friends! :sohappy:

When exactly is "Peak" season? Our trip is in 13 days, (April 17-22) we always have gone in Sept./Oct. and usually its a beautiful time to go. Reading all the recent blogs, it sounds like wait times and crowds are pretty manageable this time of year. Any experiance? advice?
Thanks!

Upvote 0

Mikester71

When exactly is "Peak" season? Our trip is in 13 days, (April 17-22) we always have gone in Sept./Oct. and usually its a beautiful time to go. Reading all the recent blogs, it sounds like wait times and crowds are pretty manageable this time of year. Any experiance? advice?
Thanks!

Welcome to the site! :wave: Pulled this up from another site for you to take a look at. It explains when peak season and the other season's start and end. Have a magical trip in a couple of weeks by the way.

http://www.pixiedust-travel.com/WhenToVisitDisney.html

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

Thanks!

I think you are heading down as Spring Break slows here in Orlando. The past two weeks have been pretty busy, but your dates might not be so heavy in terms of tourists.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom