Park Hopper question

princesseng

Does anyone know if you can use two days worth of tickets instead of purchasing the park hopper option? It is cheaper to purchase more days than the flat park hopper option. If I go to MK in the morning and try to go to Epcot in the afternoon, will I be turned away, or will it just use up another day's entrance?:veryconfu

tigsmom

Does anyone know if you can use two days worth of tickets instead of purchasing the park hopper option? It is cheaper to purchase more days than the flat park hopper option. If I go to MK in the morning and try to go to Epcot in the afternoon, will I be turned away, or will it just use up another day's entrance?:veryconfu

No, you cannot. Without the hopper option you will be turned away at the gate.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Wow really? I thought they would just let you in and charge another day from your ticket, why wouldn't they just want the money?!

Taken from allearsnet under the heading of Ticket FAQ's...

If you do not purchase the Park Hopper option, you cannot use another day's admission to visit a second theme park on the same day you went to another

Upvote 0

princesseng

Original Poster
Thanks Tigsmom!

I guess it makes sense (cents!) - everyone would opt for the 10 day MYW ticket that would be less than the flat rate park hopper option.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow really? I thought they would just let you in and charge another day from your ticket, why wouldn't they just want the money?!
If they did that they would have to increase their MYW ticket pricing to accommodate people buying longer stays instead of the park hoping option.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Disney tickets make more sense when you think of them as being *days* as opposed to *admissions*. (You get a similar type of question from people who ask "Can I use a 4-day ticket to get 4 people into a park on the same day?")
You purchase the number of calendar *days* you want to go into the parks. Then, if you need to go to more than one park on any given day, you need to add the park hopper option.

For those who aren't sure whether or not they'll need the Park Hopper option on their trip, my suggestion is not to buy it up-front. Just buy a Base Ticket. If at some point on your trip you find that you'd really like to be able to hop to another park that day, all it takes is a 5-minute stop at Guest Relations to add it on. They'll just charge you the price difference (currently $45 plus tax).

-Rob

Upvote 0

princesseng

Original Poster
To park hopper or not to park hopper

I guess waiting might be the best idea, since there's no discount on the option. I think I would be more reluctant to pay out $45 once I was there though. We do have 6 full days to enjoy the parks, but if we had the hopper option, we could see more than one park in a day and leave days open in case of bad weather or to do other activities.

Anyone like to weigh in on this? Is it worth $200 to have this flexibility?

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

I guess waiting might be the best idea, since there's no discount on the option. I think I would be more reluctant to pay out $45 once I was there though. We do have 6 full days to enjoy the parks, but if we had the hopper option, we could see more than one park in a day and leave days open in case of bad weather or to do other activities.

It's a personal decision. :shrug: For our family of four, I would never NOT purchase the park hopper option. On most days our plans involve starting the day in one park and ending in another, and even on the days when we don't intend to "hop", we usually still do. We stay at the Poly, so if we've spent the day at AK and get back after dinner, we might say, hmmm, let's hop on the monorail to MK to catch Spectromagic! It's great to have that flexibility. Also, it's a great option to have if you will be in WDW during super busy times; that way if one park is too crowded, you can hop to another. Just MHO, of course! :D

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I would simply wait. You can decide if the $200 is worth it when the time comes. You will really be kicking yourself if you buy it and don't use it.

Upvote 0

SAV

Our first trip we got the hoppers, but didn't "hop" to another park. Next time...same thing. So to me it was a waste of money. We now only get the basic 1 park per day ticket. It all depends on your situation.

We actually use the Animal Kingdom night(since it closes early) to get the kids to bed since the other nights are late ones.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Our first trip we got the hoppers, but didn't "hop" to another park. Next time...same thing. So to me it was a waste of money. We now only get the basic 1 park per day ticket. It all depends on your situation.

We actually use the Animal Kingdom night(since it closes early) to get the kids to bed since the other nights are late ones.

We have always hopped even since our first trip when the kids were very young (now 19 & 13). We simply did not spend and entire day at the Studios or AK and have always spent more time in Epcot and the MK. Last trip we skipped the Studios all together. We do not plan our days around where we want to dine so a hopper is a must for us and we rarely go back to the same park after we take our break for a swim.

If you do not utilize it, don't buy it and save yourself some money.

Upvote 0

swimmom

We didn't used to do much park hopping, but now we are usually in two parks most days. We have many times spent the entire day in Epcot closing at 9:00 p.m. and decided to spend the rest of the evening at MK closing at 12:00 a.m. I will never forget on our last trip when we decided to head over to the MK and after riding BTMRR we watched Spectromagic all by ourselves in Frontierland. We also will spend the better part of a day in the Studios and then take the boat to the International Gateway to have dinner & spend the evening in the World Showcase.

Upvote 0

abbeysmom

Hubby and I always purchase the Hopper pass. Sometimes we have been known to be in 3 parks in 1 day. We always usually end up eating dinner at Epcot. To me it's the only way to go......

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

We always get the Hopper option, as we aren't always ready to call it a night when the park we are in closes.

Best examples are AK (that usually closes at 5pm, sometimes 6) and MK can close at 7pm at times, especially if there is a hard ticket event. We usually then hop over to Epcot.

In other cases, say, on a Saturday, when MK is open latest, we may start at one park, take a break/swim/nap, and then go to MK for or after dinner.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

I have to agree. We wouldn't go without it. Things can change weather early park closings like AK every day, then your stuck. Nothing to do one night, go to the park that has emh and use it there. We did 6 days our first time last year and didn't get to do half of what is there. I think 3 good days iin MK for sure and some parks close early in Dec, well all do,unless there is EMH that night and we used it again then for the ones that were open later.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

I have been both with the park hopper option and without. I prefer it with. There are several things that you need to think about (as the previous posters stated) The most important to me is if you go and one park is super crowded you can always go to another mid-day. Not to mention if you have ADRs that ties you to that park all day if you do not have PH. We use it the most on the days we go to EPCOT we always ride over to MK for a bit, and AK closes early so when we are done we always hop to another park for the rest of the day.
So to make a long story short.....:lookaroun I think it is worth it lol!

Upvote 0

SpongeChampion

Yeah, the Park Hopper option only works for one park a day. We're leaving there in just a couple of weeks and staying there for 6 days. We're going to all the parks!

PLEASE NOTE: Water parks on not included on the park hopper option.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom