Park Hopper Question

Atlaslaw

Anyone know if you can just buy a five day park hopper at checkin to a Disney Resort and have it activated onto your room key like they used to do length of stay passes? I don't need ultimate park hoppers this time because we'll never use admission to the water parks or pleasure island this time. Also, it's going to be cheaper to just get park hoppers. The only thing is I'd rather just have the convenience of using the room key instead of also carrying park passes around.

97 days until Wilderness Lodge!:sohappy:

wannabeBelle

Hey Atlas!! I asked the exact same question and the answer is no. The reason being your room keys expire on your checkout date. The UPH passes expire on Midnight of your check out day. In theory any unused day on a regular hopper pass do not expire at all!! Plus it is about $30 or so bucks cheaper than the UPH!!! When I go in October, I Am getting my Mom a regular 5 day hopper also!! I have an Annual Pass. Any other questions, please ask and Ill try to answer them.

Upvote 0

Atlaslaw

Original Poster
Unfortunately I figured that would be the answer. I knew it would be too easy and convenient. I'll just get park hoppers from my AAA travel agent and go with either AAA, or DC discount, whichever is cheaper. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

maureen ashton

Atlaslaw: Unless things have changed, on our WDW trip in September 2000 we stayed at All Star Movies for 7 nights and had a 5 day park hopper pass plus a water park and PI attached to our room keys, which we purchased on our arrival at the resort, and my sisters room key had a $500 spending limit for the stores, restaurants etc. We used all the 5 days and the water park and PI. I would assume they can convert the unused days at the end of your stay to another card. It is amazing what WDW can read from your cards. We had to go to customer service on our last trip in May 2002 and had to check something on our 7 day Park Hopper cards, which were separate from our room keys this time as we purchased them before we left home and the info stored on one of these cardboard cards is amazing.

Upvote 0
if you wait to purchase your park hoppers at check in, they will automatically be added to your room key. i've done this more than once. and, even though your room key has an expiration date on it, they park hoppers are still good. i've used the room key as a park hopper several months later, even though the date of the hotel stay was long past, the park hopper portion still had days left.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom