Park Hopper Pass??

ucanfly

I was on disneyworld.com trying to figure out a dream vacation today and I noticed that buying a 10 day ticket without the park hopper is 63$ cheaper than a 5 day park hopper. Now say you bought the 10 day ticket and wanted to 'hop' to another park; would this burn 2 days off your 10 day pass?

I don't see myself going to more than 2 parks per day, and buying a 10 day pass instead of a 5 day park hopper could save me 63$... Being the penny pincher I am this is a big deal! so can anyone tell me if this method is plausable? Have I discovered how to beat the disney system :lookaroun ?? Input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

maggiegrace1

No..They would have you get the park Hopper option I believe....
You may use one pass per day..and cannot hop frpm park to park with out the hopper option...

Thats why you wont beat the Disney System..They think of everything...:)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can confirm that you can not do this. It is a 10 day pass not a 10 park pass. Without the park hopping option once you enter a park that is the only park you can go to that day.

Upvote 0

kennygman

I was on disneyworld.com trying to figure out a dream vacation today and I noticed that buying a 10 day ticket without the park hopper is 63$ cheaper than a 5 day park hopper. Now say you bought the 10 day ticket and wanted to 'hop' to another park; would this burn 2 days off your 10 day pass?

I don't see myself going to more than 2 parks per day, and buying a 10 day pass instead of a 5 day park hopper could save me 63$... Being the penny pincher I am this is a big deal! so can anyone tell me if this method is plausable? Have I discovered how to beat the disney system :lookaroun ?? Input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

You can only visit one park per day without the park hopper pass. However, if you plan well, you won't need the park hopper anyway.

Upvote 0

kachow

Yeah, I think the deal with that is the 10 trips have to be spread out over 10 days. If you got two 5-day passes you could do that, but obviously that would not longer be cost-efficient.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: The extra $63 is well worth it, believe me. You wont have to worry about getting everything done every day and you can go from park to park to do whatever you want to do. Makes it more free and fun. I highly recommend the park hopper. You are going to Disney anyway. whats money??? ha.ha. have a magical trip.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

isitingood

I would just pay the extra $63 bucks that way at any givin moment you can go MK if you want or Epcot or whatever park you would like because you have the freedom .

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

We've just come back (August) from 21 days in Orlando and WDW - the UK tickets automatically have the hopper facility built in and we used it once in 3 weeks - we didn't plan to use it but had to return to AK to tape the parade after the threat of bad weather cancelled it.
You can easily enjoy WDW without hopping

Upvote 0

kennygman

I've used hoppers on previous trips, but I realized that you waste so much time trying to catch buses and getting in a out of parks that isn't efficient. Now we buy cheapo ticket and pick a park that DOES NOT have EMH, enjoy our day of riding without lines and go back to the resort or DTD. Of course, we arrive before opening, so by closing our kids are too tired to go to late EMH.

Upvote 0

natalia1681

I've used hoppers on previous trips, but I realized that you waste so much time trying to catch buses and getting in a out of parks that isn't efficient. Now we buy cheapo ticket and pick a park that DOES NOT have EMH, enjoy our day of riding without lines and go back to the resort or DTD. Of course, we arrive before opening, so by closing our kids are too tired to go to late EMH.

I second this. Hopping from the parks is quite time consuming. It will take you a good hour to walk out of the park, wait for a bus (monorails will be a bit quicker, but not much), ride the bus to the new park, then walk into the park from the bus stop.

However, I am a devoted hopper!:animwink:

Upvote 0

davinakb

I second this. Hopping from the parks is quite time consuming. It will take you a good hour to walk out of the park, wait for a bus (monorails will be a bit quicker, but not much), ride the bus to the new park, then walk into the park from the bus stop.
So true. An hour or more depending on the parks you hop/time of day. Hopping is worth it if you're trying to see everything and you only have a few days. But if you've got 5 days or more ucanfly, you're probably better off taking it easy and just doing one park a day, then repeating your favorites, and save a little money.

Upvote 0

Rob562

And I'll throw in the suggestion I often give when seeing debates about hopper vs/ non-hopper tickets: If you're unsure if you'll need it, buy the base ticket without the park hopper add-on. If during the trip you find you'd like to be able to park hop, you can add it on at any time. All it takes is a quick visit to a Guest Relations window (plus whatever the price is for the Hopper add-on).

-Rob

Upvote 0

ucanfly

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help everyone!! :wave:
For the record I probably won't be taking this trip anytime soon... but hey it never hurts to plan wayyy ahead!

Upvote 0

LuvtheEars

We are going to WDW (in 24 days!!!!!:D ) and have 10 day hopper passes plus dining. I know we will use the hopper pass a lot because we plan to eat at several places at Epcot and don't want to spend every day there.

We are traveling with two younger children (6 and 3) and plan to take a break in the middle of the day back at the resort, so hopping from park to park will not be a big deal for us.

We went 7 years ago (pre-kids) for 5 days and used the park hopper a lot less (of corse the park hopper was part of your ticket back then).

I think each family's situation is different and just keep in mind what your best plan and options are. I don't think having park passes without the hopper would work well for our family, but it is fine for others.

Whatever you do, have a great trip!

:xmas:

Upvote 0

dragonfox98

I am a devoted hopper myself!!! We do not stay on property and we rent a car. We usually start out somewhere and end up at Epcot every night. The Park Hopper Pass is worth the $63. Also, our last day at the World we hit every park. We do at least one thing in the park and then move on. It's such a blast!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom