Park Hooper Plus Question

disney30253

On our last trip to Disney, we purchased 5-day Park Hopper Plus Tickets. We used all five days and went to Blizzard Beach with one of the "plus" options. I understand that unused days never expire and we were supposed to have two "plus" options on the tickets. Could we go to Typhoon Lagoon with these tickets or do you only get to go to one Water Park as a plus option, or are the only options remaining on these tickets a trip to the sports complex or Pleasure Island?

Sorry to ramble on, just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Jessie Johnson

I may be wrong but I think when we purchased 5 day hopper tickets a few years ago the 2 day water park options had an expiry. It was something like they had to be used within 14 days or first use of the hopper. But it was a few years ago and we bought them in the uk so it may be different.

Upvote 0

disney30253

Original Poster
Jessie Johnson said:
I may be wrong but I think when we purchased 5 day hopper tickets a few years ago the 2 day water park options had an expiry. It was something like they had to be used within 14 days or first use of the hopper. But it was a few years ago and we bought them in the uk so it may be different.

Does anyone know if this is the case? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Rodneyt74

I just purchased some tickets at a disney store, and I had a old 5 day park plus that I had never used the plus part of it. I took them with me to ask them if it was good still.. they told me that it was indeed still good. That even the plus part of the tickets never expire. That was from a disney store and not a resort but they sell tickets to so think they would know.

Upvote 0

Coree

Jessie Johnson said:

This was the case several years ago. Plus options did used to expire 14 days after you used the first "day" on the pass. However, now those plsu options never expire.

Upvote 0

patelaine1953

I went to my local Disney Store yesterday and was told that if I had old tickets with plus options, they would still be good. Plus options don't expire until used. I asked if you can start the plus options before the park tickets and was told yes about that as well. We are there for 8 days but our passes are only for 7. We have 4 plus options so I wanted to start by going to Pleasure Island on the our first night out.

Upvote 0

colliera

Plus Day v. Park Day

Yes the plus options at one time expired but is now forever until used. Say you have a 5-day plus 2 ticket. You could work it for seven days.

Day 1 - Blizzard Beach
Day 2 - Epcot
Day 3 - Disney Studios
Day 4 - Typhoon Lagoon
Day 5 - Animal Kingdom
Day 6 - Magic Kingdom
Day 7 - (Repeat any park day combination)

Of course it is a "hopper" so the park day combinations could be even more complicated. Where Disney makes the $$ is when you do a park in the morning, break in the afternoon to the plus feature, and back to a park that night. (I didn't mention PI since it is a night attraction and it would normally be used on the same day as a park. However, you could do PI on the first day if you have a late arrival and don't want to spend a park ticket on a partial day.

One hint I have for keeping up with those plus features you don't use. At one time I had a 5-day 4 plus hopper from Wal-Mart. I marked the back of the ticket with (4) (3) (2) (1). As I used each plus I "X"ed out the highest number. So when I knew I'd used all the park days all I had to do was look at the back and see if any plus features were left. You probably could do the same for park days by marking it somewhat differently, [5] [4] [3] [2] [1]. No more guessing what is left on a ticket until you can get to a strip reader at WDW.

Upvote 0

Spoonfulofsugar

I like the idea of labeling the pass, somehow. Perhaps, the Disney "gods" could print it on the pass so you wouldn't have to write it. I seem to remember having cards punched-I could be wrong, but I think that it happened before computers.

Maybe it worked as well as "hanging chads." :lol:

Upvote 0

colliera

Punched passes

I never saw a punched pass at WDW but I had a long gap of several years when I didn't go while raising the kids and they were too young.

I do recall the "passports" that were used when the transition was being made from the old coupon books, a.k.a. "E-tickets." They had boxes at the bottom that were stamped with the date they were used.

Popkid has a photo of one posted in his member photo album at

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=5944&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Upvote 0

maelstrom

colliera said:
I never saw a punched pass at WDW but I had a long gap of several years when I didn't go while raising the kids and they were too young.

I do recall the "passports" that were used when the transition was being made from the old coupon books, a.k.a. "E-tickets." They had boxes at the bottom that were stamped with the date they were used.

Popkid has a photo of one posted in his member photo album at

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=5944&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

I have a bunch of those tickets (the one in PopKid's gallery). I also have several more old tickets. You can find pictures of them at http://disney.webcookie.net/index.php?dir=Tickets but I haven't put them all up yet, so these are mostly old AP's.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom