Park Freebies

WishIwasThere

Another thing I guess could be free...
My daughter wanted to take a barf bag (I called it a space sickness bag) from mission space in Jan. when we were there...I wouldn't let her.

Eyekimore

We get hats and horns free on New Year's Eve. (Then you spend all night wishing the EPCOT drunk people with the horns would shut up!)

We've done an AP scavenger hunt at AK that gave a free LE trading pin. (That was 3+ years ago- haven't seen any others since.....)

Cynderella

A couple free things...
Monorail co-pilots license when you sit up front with the driver.
Illago's feathers that fall at the end of the Tiki Birds show...my daughter still talks about those red feathers she got two years ago.

Do they always fall out? I never knew that before.

jessfriends

I don't remember if this was from my trip in 2002 or 2004 but my family and I were at the Emporium near one of the doors and there were not too many people in that area at the time. My mother said her contacts were bothering her and then she noticed one of them popped out. She has the older ones that are not disposable and they are hard blue contacts. So it was a big deal to find it. So suddenly we are all looking like fools searching on the floor and we told a CM what we were doing and then the mayor came over and tried to help. Two CMs even took the door off of its hinges to see if it fell in the door crack. The mayor kept the area clear while we searched. Anyways after awhile I found the contact lens and the mayor announced to the whole store that I was an honorary citizen of the Magic Kingdom and he held my hand up and gave me a cool button with the MK castle and tinkerbell on it saying I was an honorary citizen of the MK. It is a purple color with some orange. I thought that was sooo cool lol. Here is the photo on pinpics: http://pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=17023&sid=2243.1174654002

WDWFigment

Original Poster
My brother had one given to him by a CM or greeter right when we walked into MK last week. She was standing out in the street and he went over to ask her something and she asked if it was his first time there. When he said it was, she gave him the 1st Timer button. When he told her we had been there before (my wife and kids and I) she disappeared somewhere and caught up with us a little later walking down Main Street and produced 5 "The Incredibles" Disney buttons for my wife and the kids and I. I thought that was really nice of her to go out of her way like that to make us feel special too.

Do they typically give out buttons or pins? If the only extra work required is going to guest relations, I'd much rather do that and actually get a pin!

scubaguy

On our last trip, my daughter got me a "happy birthday" button at guest relations, and I was given free desserts at a couple of the restaurants.

jesserin

When did this happen? I was just at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant two days ago and never even saw a frisbee. :confused:

You have to get one specific dessert, though I dont remember what it is. Maybe a kid's dessert?

I got a really cool glow in the dark sci-fi frisbee back in 2000. But I don't know if I'd consider it free, I did buy food there and I don't think they were just walking around the park handing them out to people.
Other than that, there were those free kids zone things in epcot, not sure if they are still around but the kids could make masks and other stuff and that was free. Other than that I can't think of any other freebies that don't involve special events, I went to a taping of the Rosie show back in 2000 and she gave out a goodie bag with free stuff, some Disney pins and such.

All you have to do is ask. :) We always dine at teh SciFi and i have more frisbee's than I can count.

I did not know about the first trip pins. It is my husband's first trip and I think it would be cool to have him wear one of these. Where do you get them?

Guest Relations at the front of each park. :) The first trip pin's are fun... you'll find CM's do little things like put you in the front car for the "best" view on rides in Fantasyland and such. It's a fun freebie. :)

Do they typically give out buttons or pins? If the only extra work required is going to guest relations, I'd much rather do that and actually get a pin!

Sorry... Buttons. I call Buttons, Pins sometimes... b/c they have pins on them. :lol: Free Buttons... not pins. :lol:

I was thinking more about this later and remembered... with almost every kid's meal comes a souvineer cup. We have tons of those at home. Not exactly 'free' but a nice perk all the same for very little $.

We were also made Honorary Magic Kingdom Guests by the dream squad. LOL though I was hoping for the castle stay.. I'll take what I got and be happy about it. :lol:

That's all I can think of for the moment... I'll post more if I remember later. :)

Eyekimore

Some of the "beachy" resorts like CBR give their kid's meals in buckets with shovels.................You'd probably end up with a zillion! Other resorts have games- the WL has "duck races" in the stream that leads from the hotel to the pool -the prize when I was there was 1/2 hour boat rental- free!!!

Vernonpush

There are free sodas (pop -soft drinks) in Epcot at Club Cool. These are drink flavours from around the world. Try the Beverly, yum:lookaroun :lol: .

Bimmy56

Hello WDWFigment - I'm also from Valpo

If you are a Disney Visa card holder - you can get a free 5x8 picture with the characters at Innoventions in Epcot during the afternoon. I think it's 1-4 or something around that time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom