Park Freebies

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Besides the obvious like park maps, room keys, and tickets, what are some worthwhile freebies you can get in the parks?

I did a search and all I could find was American flag pins on the 4th of July. Are there any other regular park freebies that can be obtained with a little 'work'. I once heard you got a prize for finding all of the hidden mickeys in MK, but I couldn't find anything regarding that.

What freebies have you received?

ImaYoyo

Of course stickers galore. Many times you can get free stuff for taking a DVC Tour (which ends with free icecream :slurp: and a family photo :wave:). Then you can get free stuff by doing the VMK Central card quiz seach things (not sure that is the technical term). There's no charge for air (yet, I'm sure work is being done on that one). And near by at the Mall of Florida or Millenia, you can get free samples of Teriyaki chicken :lol:

philsfan2185

Nothing is ever free in life. Lets say you get a "free" pin or sticker at the Magic Kingdom. You didn't fly (or drive) to Orlando for free. You're not staying in a hotel for free, and you certainly didn't gain admission to the park for free. So there for that stuff is not free.

ImaYoyo

Nothing is ever free in life. Lets say you get a "free" pin or sticker at the Magic Kingdom. You didn't fly (or drive) to Orlando for free. You're not staying in a hotel for free, and you certainly didn't gain admission to the park for free. So there for that stuff is not free.
What about cast members living behind MK that can walk to MK and enter for free? How do you like THEM apples... :lol: :p

jesserin

Some restaurants give out free things. Eg: Frisbee's at SciFi...

and if it's your birthday, anniversary, graduation, anything worth celebrating... tell your (onsite) hotel and they'll most likely send a pic of minnie and mickey somewhat celebrating that occasion, signed. etc.

And there's always the free pins and such for birthday, anniversary, first trip, congratulations, etc. :)

CyKosis

I got a free ride photograph on Expedition Everest last year. Disney was giving them out if you played the Yeti game and made it to the end, you then had to print a coupon off and take it the customer service desk at Animal Kingdom park, right by the front entrance there. There they gave you a coupon to give to the gift shop photograph cast members, who then gave you your picture. We rode front seat so we got a great picture!

I think they were also giving out free St. Patty Day pins last week as well at Epcot.

Chape19714

I work the Disney Marathon and got all sorts of free stuff, like breakfast, a windbreaker, name badge, and comp. tickets.

Singing in Candlelight Processional will also get you free Dinner (ham and cheese sandwiches or uncrustables YUM!) and 2 comp. tickets.

Other than that, I don't think I've gotten anything free at disney, besides Park Map, fastpasses I forget to use, and those sweet sunglasses they give out at Honey I Shrunk the Audience..:lookaroun :lol:

philsfan2185

What about cast members living behind MK that can walk to MK and enter for free? How do you like THEM apples... :lol: :p
The OP was talking about things received at the parks for "free".

Free park admission for is a perk for cast members. You don't have to pay to become a cast member. So what you said doesn't even make sense.

I get admitted to the parks for free, yet I live in the northeast part of the US. Therefore, my apples are better than yours.

WDWFigment

Original Poster

You can look at this with the 'no free lunch' mentality that money has already been spent to travel to the park, get into the park, etc. Or you can look at it as if that money spent has already had its ends met. You made a transaction of time plus money in exchange for enjoyment of the park's attractions and ambiance. Therefore, any material goods you get on top of that enjoyment (your 'benefit' in the exchange) are, in fact, free.

But in all honestly, if you have the mental capacity to understand why some things billed as free aren't actually free, you have the capacity to discern what was intended by my initial post. Therefore, you had the mental capacity to make a post sans philosophical 'insight', and instead post one that highlights what products can be obtained in the parks or resorts without additional cash expenditures.

Thanks, other posters, for the information about the 'celebration' pins. I was unaware of those! Will have to go to guest relations this summer for the girlfriend's birthday!

dazzer68

The OP was talking about things received at the parks for "free".

Free park admission for is a perk for cast members. You don't have to pay to become a cast member. So what you said doesn't even make sense.

I get admitted to the parks for free, yet I live in the northeast part of the US. Therefore, my apples are better than yours.
wow i bet your glass is alway half empty! whats that on your shoulder...is that a chip?

dazzer68

if yoiur staying on property all the little bathroom stuff is kinda cute to get. the shampoos and soaps and stuff, i always love to get as many disney bags as i can!i got a free tshirt from planet holly wood once!.

figment1985

A little pessamistic?:shrug: I understand the realism here, but jeez..

Let's see..free.things...free things.... hmmm... you can take themed napkins from restaurants. lol.

OH and I'll second on the bathroom soaps. I have a Mickey themed bathroom at home, and guess what soap is ALWAYS in my soap dish? ;)

You could also make the pillows or themed comforters free..... lol :lookaroun
jk

davidpw97

When did this happen? I was just at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant two days ago and never even saw a frisbee. :confused:

I got a really cool glow in the dark sci-fi frisbee back in 2000. But I don't know if I'd consider it free, I did buy food there and I don't think they were just walking around the park handing them out to people.
Other than that, there were those free kids zone things in epcot, not sure if they are still around but the kids could make masks and other stuff and that was free. Other than that I can't think of any other freebies that don't involve special events, I went to a taping of the Rosie show back in 2000 and she gave out a goodie bag with free stuff, some Disney pins and such.

Mikester71

I did not know about the first trip pins. It is my husband's first trip and I think it would be cool to have him wear one of these. Where do you get them?

My brother had one given to him by a CM or greeter right when we walked into MK last week. She was standing out in the street and he went over to ask her something and she asked if it was his first time there. When he said it was, she gave him the 1st Timer button. When he told her we had been there before (my wife and kids and I) she disappeared somewhere and caught up with us a little later walking down Main Street and produced 5 "The Incredibles" Disney buttons for my wife and the kids and I. I thought that was really nice of her to go out of her way like that to make us feel special too.

WishIwasThere

A couple free things...
Monorail co-pilots license when you sit up front with the driver.
Illago's feathers that fall at the end of the Tiki Birds show...my daughter still talks about those red feathers she got two years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom