Park clothes at Jiko?

pixiedust2007

Original Poster
Hi everyone :wave:

I'm planning on going to Jiko for dinner during our upcoming trip to the World. I am not sure when the best time is to do this. It makes the most sense to do it the day we are at Animal Kingdom (they close at 6). My question is whether it is ok to go to Jiko in our park clothes after a day at the park or whether we should plan on doing it at a time when we will be fresh and coming from our hotel.

Thanks in advance!

belle0517

When we went last May there were families dressed in "park clothes". There were also some people who were slightly dressed up (khakis and button down shirts/casual dresses). There was a real mix. You should feel comfortable in park clothes. AND YOU WILL HAVE AN EXCELLENT MEAL!!

Epcot82Guy

Jiko technically has a "dress code" as a "signature dining" location. However, it is not always explicitly enforced. The prope dress code is asically dress shorts or pants, jeans, collared shirts, blouses, sweaters, jackets, etc. Things NOT allowed are t-shirts, tanktops, swimsuits/coverups, hats, torn clothing, flip flops or "casual" sandals.

One way to accomplish this (as we often did) was to wear shorts or jeans to the park, and pack a small bag with polos for everyone. We just tossed that in a locker at the front of the park, swapped shirts just before leaving, and headed to the restaurant. It's a very quick change that can be done in the restrooms, and you can leave the bag under your table or usually even at the front desk/concierge while you eat.

davinakb

It depends on your comfort level. We were just there last Friday, and while yes there were people in park clothes, most were business casual: simple pants, even nice jeans, and a nicer top or blouse. Bringing a polo-style shirt to swap out with the park tee shirt is a good idea. I'd also think it'd depend on weather: if it's hot enough to ride the boat and get all wet, would you really want to wear damp, sticky, park clothes out to a nice dinner? FWIW.

slappy magoo

The day you plan on going to AK & Jiko, wear your nicest khaki shorts & a polo shirt, indtead of jean shorts & a character t-shirt. Nice sandals instead of sneakers. You'll be comfortable in the parks, and probably look fine for Jiko

palmage

Last time it was blue jeans and a Tommy Bahama shirt for me.
We did the Sunset Safari and there were some t-shirts in our group.

DisneyMusician2

Just put on a short-sleeved polo and go to the parks. They look normal and you can be cool (temperature-wise) and not have to carry a change of clothes with you. Just what I usually do on nights like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom